PDA

View Full Version : Check this over for me guys...

srtviper
03-26-2005, 02:14 AM
Well I`ve been doing my research and thanks to a bunch of people on this site (Paul, Jason, Chris, etc.) I think I have come up with exactly what I need and what things I need to do to my car. If anything needs to be changed or done differently please advise.

BTW this is for a brand new Viper that has been driven in rain once (rained on the day of delivery), washed once, paint protected, and waxed. (Car has approx 200 miles on it)

List of things needed:

1)MF Towels approx 6 plush mf towels and 1 WW towel and another plush for the wheels

2) Wash mit - MF

3) Clay bar fine grade (have been told sonus is the best)

4) Paint polish - Poorboys ssr2 (no ssr1 due to the klasse aio)

5) Klasse AIO

6) Fourstar ultimate plaint protectant

7) Pinnacle Souveran (paste NOT liquid)

8) PC - Coastal tools??

9) PC Pads

10) Plexus for front and back lights

11) Gummipflege for rubber

12) RaggTopp Fabric Cleaner & Protectant

13) Meguiars NXT car soap

14) 303 Aerospace protectant

Now onto the steps:

1) i will wash the car using megs nxt car soap (2x for optimum results)

2) With car still wet clay entire car using mixure of nxt and water for lube

3) clay entire car including wheels

4) rewash car with megs. nxt car soap

5) dry off car with WW MF towel

6) SSR2 entire car using PC

7) Wipe off ssr2 using mf cloth by hand

8) Klasse AIO entire car using PC

9) Wipe off AIO using new MF cloth by hand

10) UPP entire car using PC

11) wipe off upp using MF

12) wait 24 hours and repeat steps 10 and 11 washing with megs nxt soap in between(do this so there is a total of 3 coats of UPP on car) APPLY AIO + UPP ON WHEELS AS WELL...Apply AIO and then plexus on front and back lights using PC on wheels and lights

13) Souveran Wax entire car AND use RaggTopp on the convertable top of car (do this every 3-4 weeks)

14) clean windows and side mirrors using automotive window cleaner

15) apply eagle one tire dressing + gummipflege on rubber stripping

16) vaccum interior carpets and seats

17) apply 303 aerospace protectant for entire interior of car

Anyone know how often the RaggTopp cleaner + protectant can be used? Also is SSR1 needed? What can be used on the middle suede area of seats? Do I need anything to spray onto the carpets to make sure they stay clean? (I have expesnive custom mats coming in to protect factory carpet but what will protect the mats lol)

Thanks for your help guys. Please voice ur opinion on what I have said it can`t hurt. I`m the biggest newbie here :wavey

Ricky :xyxthumbs

togwt
03-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Q1: Anyone know how often the RaggTopp cleaner + protectant can be used?

With time and use however the original treatment diminishes, making periodic cleaning and pre-treatment necessary, thereby extending the useful life of the fabric. After a year or so, fabric convertible topping starts to lose is soil and stain resistance, owners begin to notice the fabric gets wet and has to dry out when it rains.

Road dust and dirt settles on the fabric weave, water and dirt act as an abrasive and if left will break down the fibres and abrade the stitching.

Vehicles with fabric tops should be masked before polishing or waxing (3M® Blue Painters Masking Tape, Easy Release) to avoid leaving any reside on the fabric. Use wide tape all around the edges of the hood.

There should be no need to wash your fabric top every time you wash your car. Each time you wash, even with the gentlest car wash concentrate: you are removing the previously applied protectant. Just vacuum the top using a brush attachment to remove loose dirt and then rinse with plain water, blotting dry with a Microfiber waffle weave towel.

Q2:Also is SSR1 needed?

If may be necessary to remove fine scrach marks after polishing or general surface marring sometimes

Q3:What can be used on the middle suede area of seats?

Clean the surface with 303TM Cleaner & Spot Remover it removes even stubborn stains, including oil, grease, ink, berry juice, wine and blood. It contains no soaps, detergents, phosphates, nitrates, caustics, toxic organics, enzymes or volatile organic chemicals (VOC)

Using a soft upholstery brush to raise the `nap` of the skin then apply cleaner by spraying onto a 100% cotton towel (do not saturate) allow to air dry.

The surface of these leathers has no protective barrier to protect them. As a result these leathers are very prone to soiling and staining. To protect unfinished leathers including suede, deerskin and unfinished dyed leathers, use 303â„¢ High Tech Fabric Guard.

Use on new or newly cleaned leather, spray on (but do not saturate) and let dry, it creates and maintains water repellence, resists soiling and helps protect against both water and oil based stains.

Q4: Do I need anything to spray onto the carpets to make sure they stay clean?

Use 303â„¢ High Tech Fabric Guard.

JonM

Spilchy
03-26-2005, 10:20 AM
In step 1, there is no need to wash the car twice.

In step 3, use a different piece of clay for the wheels. I`m sure you knew that!

In step 12, there is no need to wash between layering coats on UPP.

Find a nice QD for maintenance. If you maintain a Souveran topper, try Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

Everything else sounds good :xyxthumbs

POST PICS!! :D

Lowejackson
03-26-2005, 10:45 AM
I would buy more than 6 MF towels - you really can never have enough.

The only thing I can think of is you seem to be concentrating on the exterior, no mention of the engine. What glass cleaner are you going to use

srtviper
03-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Clean the surface with 303TM Cleaner & Spot Remover it removes even stubborn stains, including oil, grease, ink, berry juice, wine and blood. It contains no soaps, detergents, phosphates, nitrates, caustics, toxic organics, enzymes or volatile organic chemicals (VOC)

Using a soft upholstery brush to raise the `nap` of the skin then apply cleaner by spraying onto a 100% cotton towel (do not saturate) allow to air dry.

The surface of these leathers has no protective barrier to protect them. As a result these leathers are very prone to soiling and staining. To protect unfinished leathers including suede, deerskin and unfinished dyed leathers, use 303â„¢ High Tech Fabric Guard.

Use on new or newly cleaned leather, spray on (but do not saturate) and let dry, it creates and maintains water repellence, resists soiling and helps protect against both water and oil based stains.

If the seats are not dirty do I still need to use the cleaner??

Originally posted by Spilchy

Find a nice QD for maintenance. If you maintain a Souveran topper, try Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

What does that mean?

Originally posted by Lowejackson

I would buy more than 6 MF towels - you really can never have enough.

The only thing I can think of is you seem to be concentrating on the exterior, no mention of the engine. What glass cleaner are you going to use

Which glass cleaner should I buy?

What should I use on the engine? (find an engine shot below) (once again car won`t be drivin more then 1500 miles a year)

Spilchy
03-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by srtviper

What does that mean?

QD = Quick Detailer. This is something you would do after you wash and dry your car.

Pinnacle Crystal Mist:

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/crystalmist.html

As far as engine detailing, if you`re only going 1500 miles a year, it would just need a simple wipe down and a light protectant of your choosing on the rubber and plastic. You can wax any painted surface.

As far as glass cleaner, whatever you like that is made for automotive use. Just lightly spritz the towel clean the window and follow up with a dry towel.

I would recommend you check this out. It`ll keep you occupied for a long time! It`s a must read :xyxthumbs

http://autopia.org/kb/

srtviper
03-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

QD = Quick Detailer. This is something you would do after you wash and dry your car.

Pinnacle Crystal Mist:

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/crystalmist.html

As far as engine detailing, if you`re only going 1500 miles a year, it would just need a simple wipe down and a light protectant of your choosing on the rubber and plastic. You can wax any painted surface.

As far as glass cleaner, whatever you like that is made for automotive use. Just lightly spritz the towel clean the window and follow up with a dry towel.

I would recommend you check this out. It`ll keep you occupied for a long time! It`s a must read :xyxthumbs

http://autopia.org/kb/

light protectent on engine plastic = 303 aerospace protectant??? (would that work?

What I didnt` understand was with the crystal mist should I do that right after the waxes even if the car is not dirty? or are you suggesting it when the car is dirty and I don`t have time to wash? Thanks

Ricky :wavey

grt1today
03-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Looks like a good plan and assortment of products. The only thing I would suggest is looking into some kits to save a little cash.For instance I see you have AIO and Souveran on the list, well there is a klasse/souveran kit. Or unless you have your heart set on the nxt wash, the souveran kit will give you the pinnacle shampoo, the crystal mist and the souveran(also PPL). Not sure what the sale is on souveran right now, but it`s normally $60 by itself...

srtviper
03-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by grt1today

Looks like a good plan and assortment of products. The only thing I would suggest is looking into some kits to save a little cash.For instance I see you have AIO and Souveran on the list, well there is a klasse/souveran kit. Or unless you have your heart set on the nxt wash, the souveran kit will give you the pinnacle shampoo, the crystal mist and the souveran(also PPL). Not sure what the sale is on souveran right now, but it`s normally $60 by itself...

Is the pinnacle shampoo just as good as the megs. nxt?

JasonD
03-26-2005, 04:26 PM
It`s just as good, if not better, and it even smells awesome too. Kind of like coconut. The only drawback is its more expensive. NXT car wash is a decent wash at a decent price, kind of a good deal all around.