PDA

View Full Version : How does this sound?

accordmaniac
03-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Hey guys, I was planning on washing my car and just using NXT with a polishing pad and after that cures I was going to layer UPP on it. I was going to do this without polishing or AIO. The car is a white 04 Civic. I have one coat of Natty`s from a month and a half ago and under that there is 2x upp. Will the NXT still clean the paint enough? I`m too busy to clay, polish, and clean the paint right now. And I was thinking a quarter of the car will get painted in June anyways because some *** hole keyed my car a couple weeks back. I can say the car is fairly clean maybe minor swirls but thats not one of my concerns right now. How do you think this would work? Will the UPP adhere to the NXT?

Mad iX
03-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Any reason you want to get rid of what you`ve got on there now?

If you work NXT enough with a polishing pad, you`re most likely to remove whatever`s under it. I`ve had other sealants over NXT without any problem, so I *assume* UPP would work.

I just don`t see anything wrong with what you`ve got now.

accordmaniac
03-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Mad iX

Any reason you want to get rid of what you`ve got on there now?

If you work NXT enough with a polishing pad, you`re most likely to remove whatever`s under it. I`ve had other sealants over NXT without any problem, so I *assume* UPP would work.

I just don`t see anything wrong with what you`ve got now.

Oh I wanted to go back to layering UPP but I thought since there`s a Carnauba on there that the UPP won`t adhere. Then maybe I`ll just layer the Natty`s. Whats you guys` opinion?

White95Max
03-26-2005, 08:48 AM
I believe NXT is a synthetic wax, not a carnauba.

accordmaniac
03-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by White95Max

I believe NXT is a synthetic wax, not a carnauba.

Sorry about not being clear but I meant that I wanted to layer UPP but right now I have Natty`s on the car. So wouldn`t I have to remove the Natty`s first?

a.k.a. Patrick
03-26-2005, 09:58 AM
I would venture to say the Nattys is about 90% gone anyway.....The NXT is going to clean any residual Nattys, not sure if it will get into the underlying UPP though. A once over with a paint cleaner would yield much better results than the NXT would, when topped with UPP.....