PDA

View Full Version : White specks stuck on paint

goceltics34
03-25-2005, 08:08 PM
I just layered my car with a second coat of UPP. After finishing the job I inspected the car for any missed spots. I noticed many areas where there are white specks of sealant that have dried and won`t come off by buffing. I have to scratch them with my fingernail to get them off. There are too many of them and doing so would take way too long.

Is there a better method of taking them off? How about claying? Will that take them off?

I think I let the sealant dry too long.

Thanks for your help!

White95Max
03-25-2005, 08:10 PM
I`ve let UPP dry for over an hour so I don`t think that`s the cause of the specks. Maybe you applied it too thick and those specks are dust from buffing off a thick application?

Did you try washing the car or QDing?

goceltics34
03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
I think I did apply too much. Maybe they will come off after the next wash. I think that maybe they were there before this last layer and now are waxed over, which makes it even harder to get out.

White95Max
03-25-2005, 08:48 PM
What color is your paint?

goceltics34
03-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Anthracite Metallic (dark grey I guess).

2004 Acura TL. Paint is in great condition.

imported_Burlyq
03-25-2005, 09:43 PM
UPP has been having issues I think, some other people have been saying there are black specs like vanilla beans in their bottles. Maybe the stuff doesn`t age well or something, or separates and the solids gather. Sometimes that happens with nubas, but I never heard this type of stuff with other sealants.

White95Max
03-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Well it shouldn`t be hard to see the product (and thus apply a thin layer) on grey paint. It`s still possible that you applied too much product.

Dust from products will stick to the paint and that seems like it could be your problem.

goceltics34
03-25-2005, 10:57 PM
I definitely think that is my problem White95Max. Next time I will try to put less product on my paint. Thank you for you help.