PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleaning

Yaemish
03-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I live in Upstate NY and its getting close to the time when I can again get into cleaning my car well. Last season I tried the whole Zaino thing and was very happy with the results. As soon as it warms up I was planning on doing the wash, clay, AIO, then Zaino and I would just like some input.

My car is dark blue and I have some swirl marks and fine scratches in the paint. I was wondering what product would work well with the Zaino to take car of the problem. What will the AIO due for me, and when claying my car, do I clay the entire thing or just the rough spots?

Steve530
03-25-2005, 05:16 PM
It is my understanding that FI2 machine polish with a PC will remove swirl marks.

I`d clay the whole thing. You might catch some spots you don`t notice at first and it really doesn`t take that long.

togwt
03-26-2005, 10:00 AM
This may help

Surface Prep for Menzerna (http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=512613#post512613)

Accumulator
03-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Yaemish

...I have some swirl marks and fine scratches in the paint. I was wondering what product would work well with the Zaino to take car of the problem. What will the AIO due for me, and when claying my car, do I clay the entire thing or just the rough spots?

I`d clay the whole thing so you don`t miss something. Before the Zaino you might try 3M PI-III RC and MG (05933 and 05937) or Menzerna. With no fillers you won`t have any bonding issues with Zaino or unpleasant surprises after using AIO.