PDA

View Full Version : what`s your choice of window cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BigAl3
03-25-2005, 02:44 AM
so what`s your choice of window cleaner? i currently use stoners (my fave thus far) and saw that eagle one has a new glass cleaner in a can (almost bought it, but still have a brand new can of the stoners). any others worth checking out?

imported_hadboosttroy
03-25-2005, 02:58 AM
i use stoner`s or sonus depending on the mood. foam glass cleaner sounds like a mess.

milky
03-25-2005, 03:11 AM
Snce I`ve started detailing I`ve always used Eagle One`s 20/20. Works great, doesn`t leave streaks. I`ve tried Stoner`s, and it`ll be my next go to for windows :)

benpocock
03-25-2005, 03:59 AM
I use the BMW glass cleaner - have found it to be the best so far. If my windows are really grimy I`ll use a clay block with it or resort to the Autoglym Glass Polish - but I don`t like the way it dusts. Not so much a problem on the outside, but a pain on the inside.

Ben

Flexin
03-25-2005, 04:02 AM
Up until this year I have never been happy with any glass cleaner. There was always something wrong. When I worked with Jimmy I was happy with a window for the first time. Since I been home I found a cloth at the local detailing supply shop. They said it was for windows and everybody said it was so great and this and that. They said it cost $4.50 each. I said I would take three and give them a try. Damn these things work. I can use these without any window cleaner. I wet one and use that to wipe the window down. Then I use the dry one to dry the window. It turns out clean. No streaks or lint. I`ll post up the name of them in the morning. I also found window MF`s at Canadian Tire (a Canadian auto parts store) that were 3 for $5 or something like that. I decided to give them a try. When I used them like the other ones I hated them. But tonight I tried them with a window cleaner (C Thur) I picked up at my suppliers and they worked pretty good. I also bought some Stoners at Costco the other day that I`ll try in the next few days.

James

Pats300zx
03-25-2005, 06:03 AM
For me its the new NXT Glass Cleaner. This stuff is awesome. I thought Stoners IG was great but this stuff is much much better.

My new glass combo is NXT with Pakshak `s new glass cleaning towel..:xyxthumbs

shelshel
03-25-2005, 06:12 AM
Stoners Invisible Glass for me. I just bought a 5 gallon Pail directly from them with a $5 off coupon. The whole thing cost me $43.70 which also included free S&H. That averages out to be around $8.75 a gallon or a little over $1 for a 16oz bottle.

blackMB
03-25-2005, 08:17 AM
I`ve tried lots but what I think is the best is EO 20/20. Cheap easy to find and gives the windows an almost Rain X type effect. I almost don`t need to use the wipers in the rain because the water just rolls right off and when the rain is done there are no water spots. It`s great stuff.

togwt
03-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Stoner`s and a Norwex glass Cleaning Cloth:

This Microfiber 18Ãâ‚Â x 18Ãâ‚Â (Norwex) glass cleaning cloth has a super tight knit, lint free, cross-weave construction traps and collects water and is so effective (use damp) at cleaning glass that often a glass cleaner chemical (StonerÃâ‚â„s Invisible Glass) isn`t even necessary. It features a very low-pile cut in a zigzag pattern, which literally attracts and removes off gassing, residue, smudges and oily fingerprints. Its efficient cleaning action is truly a time saver

JonM

Lowejackson
03-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by BenP

I use the BMW glass cleaner - have found it to be the best so far. If my windows are really grimy I`ll use a clay block with it or resort to the Autoglym Glass Polish - but I don`t like the way it dusts. Not so much a problem on the outside, but a pain on the inside.

Ben

When using the Autoglym on the inside glass, dont wait for it to dry, wowo.

The BMW glass cleaner, is it a gel type liquid

Prometheus
03-25-2005, 09:13 AM
I have been using EO 20/20 since last summer, and really like it. It`s much better than just about anything else IMO (with the possible exception of Stoner`s, just never really gota feel for it).

EBPcivicsi
03-25-2005, 09:18 AM
I prefer the new NXT glass cleaner, best retail GC IMO. I will also use SW, but prefer the NXT.

01bluecls
03-25-2005, 09:38 AM
I went from using Eagle One 20/20 but now Im hooked on Stoner IG. When i run out of IG I will give the NXT glass cleaner a try since everyone seems to really like the product.

RCBuddha
03-25-2005, 10:36 AM
no question, 20/20 is my favorite. I`d say Sprayway is a close second.

imported_robman
03-25-2005, 10:39 AM
I have 20/20 and IG onhand. I prefer the 20/20 because ease of use. I dont have to shake the Eagle1 and, as usual, the trigger sprayer on the Eagle1 bottle is top notch.