PDA

View Full Version : PC vs. Hand application

Pages : [1] 2

srtviper
03-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Other then saving time are there any other major benifits of getting a PC?

Steve530
03-24-2005, 07:22 PM
The ability to polish out swirl marks?

Accumulator
03-24-2005, 07:30 PM
A PC is *not* a rotary. It`s really just a "fast hand that never gets tired". Still, most people find that they just can`t reproduce the results of the PC by hand. It`s usually not *literally* impossible (e.g., ScottWax can do/has done stuff by hand that others need a PC for) but it is "impossible" in the *practical* sense. Just no way to duplicate all those orbits-per-minute; people get tired/careless.

cwcad
03-24-2005, 09:17 PM
in my use of the pc i have found that i can apply a product such as FMJ very evenly with less use of product. the results of the pc completely hide my amatuer(but getting better) status with terrific results.

JasonD
03-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by srtviper

Other then saving time are there any other major benifits of getting a PC?

Sure, the benefit of being able to achieve results you would *never* be able to achieve by hand.

srtviper
03-24-2005, 09:33 PM
how about on a new car that doesn`t have really very many swirls to begin with? probably going to be doing the entire thing twice a year! The rest of the time I`ll just be doing a hand car wash with pinnacle souveran and meguiars nxt before that. Do you guys still feel it is worth it for the 2 times in a year I will use it?

bufferman71
03-24-2005, 09:34 PM
you should try the wolfgang polishing pal for evenly layering waxes and sealants

srtviper
03-24-2005, 09:35 PM
bufferman do you have a link?

JasonD
03-24-2005, 09:35 PM
You will start to see marring and microfine scratches probably within six months or so, and then you will need it. Even hand washing you car as gentle as possible introduces very fine marring. Do this over and over, and here come your swirls. Your NXT will work a lot better by PC because you will have more of a polishing effect instead of just a coat of protectant.

srtviper
03-24-2005, 09:40 PM
isn`t the nxt just a car wash soap to be mixed in water and applied with a good wash mit??

Originally posted by JDookie

You will start to see marring and microfine scratches probably within six months or so, and then you will need it. Even hand washing you car as gentle as possible introduces very fine marring. Do this over and over, and here come your swirls. Your NXT will work a lot better by PC because you will have more of a polishing effect instead of just a coat of protectant.

jeff5614
03-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by srtviper

isn`t the nxt just a car wash soap to be mixed in water and applied with a good wash mit??

Meg`s makes many products in the NXT line - car wash, wax, QD, vinyl protectant, etc

JasonD
03-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Ohhh, you were referring to the NXT soap? NXT is a whole line of products. They have a car wash, a sealant, and a booster spray (QD). I thought you were talking about the NXT Sealant.

Well, if that`s the case then you don`t have anything yet that is going to polish your car or get rid of marring in any way. You can either wait until this happens, or take steps to prevent them and have your car looking great for as long as you own it.

bufferman71
03-24-2005, 09:45 PM
www.autogeek.net Go under whats new

JasonD
03-24-2005, 09:47 PM
That`s a very nifty little tool, Eric. I just don`t think I could ever bring myself to do anything by hand anymore. I`m just too spoiled!

bufferman71
03-24-2005, 09:49 PM
I have one. I tell you what, you use that handle and a blue sfx spot buff or blue spot buff from autogeek, , you will be very inpressed on how well it works for paste wax, or even liquid wax for that matter.