PDA

View Full Version : GEPC/SEC compared to VM

spotter
03-24-2005, 01:01 PM
I was looking at the thread comparing the GEPC/SEC to AIO and couldn`t help but think that with all of the oils in the GEPC/SEC that they reminded me more of VM than AIO. I know that VM is much more versatile (glass, trim, etc.) but what would the primary differences be between VM and GEPC/SEC as a prep for a carnauba LSP?

I have and really like all 3 of these products but do not have that much experience with the SEC or VM. I am trying to figure out when they would best be used. I will always use the AIO as my go to prep for SG or UPP on my wife`s car but I usually use a carnauba on my Graphite Pearl (dark metallic gray) Accord.

When I clay and polish a few places this spring I plan to try AIO/UPPx2 during the pollen season (although everyone says nothing will help I want to give this combo a try).

After pollen season is over in early June I will probable go with either SEC/S100 or VM/#16. I tried #16 on November 30th for the first time over EX (which I am just not that impressed with...easy to use but I prefer AIO/SG for a sealant) and still was getting very nice tight beading yesterday after it rained. I sure love S100 but #16 looks good as well and the longevity of #16 is better than any carnauba I have tried except Collinite.

In my short time at Autopia I have learned a lot but can`t seem to go very long without trying something new even though I like what I already have. I guess I am where I belong. I already belong to a couple of other 12 step programs (let`s see....1. wash 2. clay 3. wash 4. polish 5. sealant 6. wax 7. repeat...... maybe I will learn some more steps...)

Nick M
03-24-2005, 03:59 PM
I was recently going to buy a bottle of GEPC, but then after a bit of research found that there would be little point as I already had a 16oz. of VM.

Take a look here, lots of informative posts :xyxthumbs

http://autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=823736&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending