PDA

View Full Version : Just Missing a great swirl remover

mystickid
03-24-2005, 10:00 AM
guys,

I gota a Jet Black car with lots of swirls. I need a recommendation for a really really good swirl remover in my processand i think that would do it. heres my process:

1) Gold Class Car wash

2) Clay Magic â€â€œ Clay + Lubricant

3) --- Insert Best Swirl remover here------ ???

4) Sonüs Paintwork Cleanser

5) Klasse All-IN-One

6) 4 Star UPP ( Is this in the right place here ???

7) Eagle One â€â€œ Nanowax or Gold Class Liquid Wax

8) Topp of with P21S Carnuba Wax

Occasioanlly - Sonus Acrylic Spritz for as a QD

Please i need a great swirl remover for hand application not a PC.

Thanx a MIllion

imported_Denzil
03-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Have you looked into PB`s SSR1 or SSR2.5?

imported_agentf1
03-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Denzil

Have you looked into PB`s SSR1 or SSR2.5?

Or Menzerna IP FPII, either way you can`t go wrong.

mystickid
03-24-2005, 11:29 AM
yes, I just started reading about it.

Is it avilable locally anywhere???

sQuashed
03-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Meg`s #80 and # 83 are available at most Auto paint supply stores and they work wonderfully.

And you certainly do not need step # 7 in your regimen above.

Accumulator
03-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Another choice that works well by hand is 3M PI-III RC and MG (05933 and 05937). These have recently been replaced with similar products in the PI-3000 line but are still commonly available. One nice thing about these is that they don`t leave anything behind to conceal leftover marring which the AIO might uncover. FWIW, these are what I always use when applying the Klasse twins.

I dunno, but the FPII and SSR1 might be too mild unless you have *very* light marring and very soft paint.

I too would skip step #7.

mystickid
03-24-2005, 01:39 PM
thanx fer thee advice guys.

I`m only using step # 7 because I read that P21s doesn`t last that long especially if you don`t have a garage and I don`t.

Shall I still drop it?

mystickid
03-24-2005, 01:40 PM
oh yeah, is the 4* UPP in the right place? thanx

sQuashed
03-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Yes, I would still skip it. P21S will last awhile and you can just reapply in a few weeks (or) when you think its nessessary.

stevet
03-24-2005, 03:31 PM
You do not need step 4 and 5. Both products are pre wax/sealant cleaners. Choose one or the other but no need for both. You can`t go wrong with either one they are both excellent products.

JaredPointer
03-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Steps # 6 & 7 are also redundant. Use one or the other. UPP is the best of the three mentioned IMO.

JeffM
03-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Skip #4 and #7.

imported_fireberd350
03-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by mystickid

guys,

I gota a Jet Black car with lots of swirls. I need a recommendation for a really really good swirl remover in my processand i think that would do it. heres my process:

1) Gold Class Car wash

2) Clay Magic â€â€œ Clay + Lubricant

3) 3M PI III RC by PC or ScrathX by hand (good luck)

4) SKIP- Sonüs Paintwork Cleanser

5) Klasse All-IN-One

6) 4 Star UPP Layered w/ 2 coats, maybe 3

7) SKIP - Eagle One â€â€œ Nanowax or Gold Class Liquid Wax

8) SKIP - Topp of with P21S Carnuba Wax

I updated your list. I removed a few stpes I felt were unneccessary. Most will agree about 4 and 7, but some may disagree about skipping 8. I personally feel that UPP looks best w/o a topper. You will be impressed, skip the P21S step for now. If you want to use the wax then use a different sealant or glaze, VM maybe!!

Also, I HIGHLY suggest using a PC or similar, you just wont get the results w/o proper prep and proper prep on a badly swirled black car is next to impossible by hand. It will take you 30 hours of rubbing to accomplish the work of 2 hours on a PC. It doesn`t matter what sealant/wax/glaze or combo of anything you use if the paint is not prepped clean & swirl free.

If you go w/ the hand route, good luck! And post some pics when you`re done.

PS: Might I also suggest the 4* Gloss Enhancer as your QD!