PDA

View Full Version : KLASSE AIO - application tips.

Pages : [1] 2

kenl
03-24-2005, 04:27 AM
Hi All,

Just got my Klasse AIO which I plan on using this weekend and topping with P21S. Probably also use my P21S cleanser before the AIO.

Would be grateful if anyone had any application tips over and above what it says on the bottle.

I`ve also heard that you can apply this stuff over black plastic trim? Is this true and is it worthwhile rather than just using something like Autoglym bumper care stuff that I use at present?

Thanks & happy Easter :)

imported_Burlyq
03-24-2005, 05:02 AM
I know some people have tried your combo, but I would pick either p21s cleanser or AIO, then top with your wax. I think if you put AIO on top of p21s cleanser you would be removing the shinning oils or whatever is left behind that makes the surface so cool. Since your using a wax, I personally would use AIO, because of the protection it leaves. If you were using a sealant, maybe I`d pick the p21s, but sometimes I try AIO too.

AIO works good unless the surface is porus. If the surface is porus like rubber and some grainy ABS materials, klasse makes a great product called VLRP, it cleans great but does usually a good shine product on top, I use z16 for that. K-VLRP and Z16 combo is the combo I use lately on bumpers and hard to figure out ABS materials.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kla-vlrp.html

Lowejackson
03-24-2005, 05:16 AM
I have not tried AIO on plastic, if it works for you I would still add the Autoglym on top.

Gonzo
03-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Since this will be your first time with AIO, I would apply it once to the whole vehicle, then do it all again, just in case the first pass missed any spots.

As for application instructions, check out my signature! :D

Wul
03-24-2005, 07:56 AM
Ken - I`d apply it with a PC mate!! :p

Just kidding - looking forward to hearing how you get on with it!

:)

grt1today
03-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Check out the Grt thread on using klasse in the "Hall of Fame" forum...

SilverLexus
03-24-2005, 08:36 AM
I apply AIO with a PC first on 3 then on 5. I use a grey Lake Country VC pad and that works great. I buff out with an MF by hand.

Surface prep is key: I first use Zaino Z-7 soap if the paint`s in tough condition, then clay with Sonus Block and Glyde.

spotpad
03-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Grey pad, SilverLexus? Why not a polishing pad?

Bobby G
03-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by kenl

I`ve also heard that you can apply this stuff over black plastic trim? Is this true and is it worthwhile rather than just using something like Autoglym bumper care stuff that I use at present?

Kenl,

I have been using AIO on my black plastic for years. It works great if you like the trim to have a satin, and not gloss, finish.

I also use AG Bumper Care cream, which does a very nice job treating neglected black trim. The AG Bumper Black aerosol is great if you like a bit more gloss (it also lasts a long time!).

db

SilverLexus
03-24-2005, 05:15 PM
"Grey pad, SilverLexus? Why not a polishing pad?"

My paint is in such good shape that grey does fine. You can use a polishing pad but you don`t always need to.

I have to try the AG Bumper Cream.

TW85 HHI
03-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

Kenl,

I have been using AIO on my black plastic for years. It works great if you like the trim to have a satin, and not gloss, finish.

db

Do you follow the AIO with a sealant or just use the AIO? I have been using AIO + a sealant on all of my trim with excellent results and durability.

JeffM
03-24-2005, 05:57 PM
AIO+UPP on my trim is very nice.

kenl
03-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately we`ve had pretty much constant rain this weekend so hopefully get it all done next Saturday.

Soarer V
03-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Would be grateful if anyone had any application tips over and above what it says on the bottle.

AIO can be used on your rims, door jams, under the hood and trunk. I`ve read you can use it in your wash and even make a QD.

imported_SHICKS
03-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Soarer V

AIO can be used on your rims, door jams, under the hood and trunk. I`ve read you can use it in your wash and even make a QD.

I`ve tried it in the wash, but it really killed the suds. :rolleyes: