PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a viper and...

Pages : [1] 2 3

srtviper
03-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Well I had to drive my new car home in the rain when I bought it so I quickly took it over to a detailer when it cleared up. He said he will paint protect it for me as well for an extra fee...I did that and he just gave it a quick wash with a mit and some soap. I dont` think the car has any swirl marks at all...Maybe one or two but I defenetly can`t see them as of yet. What I want though is for the car to stay this way. Now what I need from you guys is a big favor telling me what stuff I should buy...(I was thinking Zaino) and exactly which products I need to keep my car as shiny as it is right now. By the way its a red car. Thanks guys. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Picture of my new car below!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/rickydhadwal/rickydhadwalviper.jpg

Ricky :xyxthumbs

GlossyTundra
03-23-2005, 10:34 PM
You are probably looking more for durability, so, I`d go with a sealant called REJEX, with a carnuba topper like S100(found at local harley dealers). The rejex will protect like crazy, and the S100 will just add to the look. I currently am testing the durability of Rejex on my roof, and i`m tellin yah, Its still beading and slick after more than 3 months.

Good lookin car, and with the help of the proffesionals here, it will stay that way for a long time.

ProStreetCamaro
03-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Many coats of Zaino Z2 pro and in all reality thats all you really need. Maybe the zaino car wash and the zaino detail spray and some very good quality MF towels. With zaino the protection is IMHO unmatched by anybody else in the business and Zaino looks amazing on red!

White95Max
03-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Get some FourStar UPP sealant and Souveran wax.

srtviper
03-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Guys guys, I`m really really new to thsi game...I used turtle wax on all my cars before this LOL...The detailer already paint protected my car but I don`t know with what. Charged me about 300 to do it though! Now I was thinking Zaino becuase it is easily available and has a good name. Do I need to clay the car I mean theres like over 10 different Zaino products available. Money is not an issue.. I just need to know which things to buy and from where. One master plan that I can follow for the years I will keep this car. (Its my dream car I`ll probably keep it for a long as time!)

Ricky

srtviper
03-23-2005, 10:41 PM
I can get Zaino from a local distributor.

SpoiledMan
03-23-2005, 10:42 PM
srt, where do you live?

srtviper
03-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I live in Vancouver Canada

srtviper
03-23-2005, 10:45 PM
The reason I would like to work with Zaino is I know theres a local distributor. I`d like to avoid ordering from accross the border just too much of a hassle!

ProStreetCamaro
03-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by srtviper

Guys guys, I`m really really new to thsi game...I used turtle wax on all my cars before this LOL...The detailer already paint protected my car but I don`t know with what. Charged me about 300 to do it though! Now I was thinking Zaino becuase it is easily available and has a good name. Do I need to clay the car I mean theres like over 10 different Zaino products available. Money is not an issue.. I just need to know which things to buy and from where. One master plan that I can follow for the years I will keep this car. (Its my dream car I`ll probably keep it for a long as time!)

Ricky

go to www.zainobros.com and read up on the products. Zaino produces an amazing shine and unbeatable protection. In all honesty your car probably doesnt need to be clayed. My SS camaro is a 99 and has never been clayed. So the other day I decided to wash it then clay it. When I started to clay it the bar went across so smooth and didnt feel like it was picking anything up. So I turn it over and look at the clay and it was spotless clean. Figured it was a fluke and continued on the hood. Absolutely nothing. So right there is where i stopped. Cleaned it up then did 2 coats of Zaino Z2. Looks amazing to say the least.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/SScloseside.jpg

srtviper
03-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Wow nice shine on the SS...I`ve had a ws6, a firehawk, a navigator, and currently own a Corvette and a Viper...I love the Viper in all honestly and do not want anyone touching it other then me. Basically i`ve heard tons about Zaino and was actaully really considering sticking with it. So with my car being drivin in the rain but then detailer...Exactly how should I go about cleaning it with Zaino products? OR are there products which are superior to Zaino that most people just don`t know about??

oh yea and are all clay bars basically the same thing?

imported_DetailGirl
03-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Ok here is what you need to do.

If you just had it detailed in order to get the Zaino to adhere properly you will need to remove what ever he just put on for product.

Get some Meguiars Gold Class or NXT car wash soap.

Most clay is the same, you should be able to find mothers, meguiars or clay magic, my personal favorite.

Clay the car, use a spray bottle with an oz of shampoo and fill with water, shake it up and then use that as your lube for clay. Do a search on how to clay.

Get a product called Klasse AIO or All In One.

Apply by hand or pc (if you need directions on this hit me up as well)

Purchase ZFX, Z2Pro, Z6 and Z7

You need to get some quality microfibers, private message Raney from PakShak and ask for autopian pricing.

After the AIO is applied and removed, mix the ZFX and Z2Pro. Applly light mist of Z6 to the pad you are going to use to apply, then apply light thin coats. Less is more. Apply to whole car. Give it some time to haze, take your finger and swipe the paint, if it comes off shiney, its cured, if it smears, give it more time. Remove with MF and then Qd the car. You are now done. But!!!!! You can layer and I have found 3 works the best. Sorry I know its a crash course but it gives you an idea of what you need to use Zaino.

imported_DetailGirl
03-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Regardless if you think that you need to clay, do it anyways. Its cheap insurance and it helps the product adhere to the clear coat. It takes little time and a little experience.

srtviper
03-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Yikes, this detailing stuff isn`t easy work! I`ve been trying to understand other posts as well but just am not getting every little bit of it. I went downstiars and parked my car in direct sunlight. (before the detailing in the showroom I looked at the car in every angle possible and saw no swirls, I went downstairs and saw one or two light light swirl marks that can only be seen in a very weird angle with the sun directly on top. I`m already getting scared I DO NOT want swirl marks at all. So basically the things I need so far are:

ZFX

Z2Pro

Z6

Z7

a clar bar

quality fibres from raney

klasse All in one..(any idea where I can buy the klasse all in one?)

meguiars gold class or nxt car wash soap (do I need to use this stuff all the time? or is it Just going to be this one time? Can I use some regular car wash soap instead?)

and what is a PC?

another question after I am done this my area actaully has some dirty on the ground and car gets dusty and stuff...do do I repeat the same steps over and over again?

imported_Denzil
03-23-2005, 11:33 PM
I`m not really sure if you can get AIO from a local distributor but I`m sure you can get the Meguiar`s Gold Class from like Target or Wal-mart. I`d recommend using this shampoo every time you wash your car. It`s really good stuff. It suds pretty well and the cleans fairly well.

Oh and yeah, the PC that everyone is referring to is the acronym for Porter Cable... more specifically the PC 7424 or 7336. I think the difference between these two PC`s are just that the 7424 comes with a 5" counterweight while the 7336 is equipped with a 6" counterweight and is a little cheaper.