PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Speed Shine over Zaino Z2?

bigtar
03-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Are the two compatible?

wannafbody
03-23-2005, 11:29 PM
depends-any QD is compatible its just a question of wether you want to add more layers of Zaino and wether it will bond-chances are it will be ok

bigtar
03-23-2005, 11:31 PM
I am not really that obsessed with many coats of wax. I like Zaino because is it easy on and easy off. I will use the zfx, and probably do the three coats. After that, I didn`t know if the Z6 was the same idea as the speed shine. if it is, then Z6 all the way. Any thoughts?

Accumulator
03-24-2005, 01:01 PM
bigtar- Welcme to Autopia!

Disclaimer: I have not used Zaino. But I *do* use Speed Shine.

I wouldn`t use Speed Shine over the Z. Speed Shine has quite a bit of carnauba in it, I`d *almost* say it`s a very weak w-o-w-o wax (what did we decide to call such products :confused: ). I would expect it to be about the same as putting carnauba over the Z- i.e., hard to layer more Z over it.

And no, Speed Shine doesn`t just wash off/disappear the way most such products do. It seems to have quite a bit of wax in it. I only use it over carnaubas.

imported_agentf1
03-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Just use Z6 for now until the new Z8 is released. From what I hear the Z8 will be like Z6 on steroids and add a layer of protection on top of just QD`ing. This way you will have no compatable/bonding problems.

bigtar
03-24-2005, 01:54 PM
So I can use the Z6/Z8 like the speed shine is used? get off the dust, bird droppings, etc?

opass
03-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

bigtar- Welcme to Autopia!

Disclaimer: I have not used Zaino. But I *do* use Speed Shine.

I wouldn`t use Speed Shine over the Z. Speed Shine has quite a bit of carnauba in it, I`d *almost* say it`s a very weak w-o-w-o wax (what did we decide to call such products :confused: ). I would expect it to be about the same as putting carnauba over the Z- i.e., hard to layer more Z over it.

And no, Speed Shine doesn`t just wash off/disappear the way most such products do. It seems to have quite a bit of wax in it. I only use it over carnaubas.

I used the Sonux Carnauba Spritz to remove some dirt when Z6 could not be found in the house. Do you think this Sonux QD will still cause problem layering Z2 after 3-4 wash?

Thinking the wax in the QD is very weak. Giving one month later, the qd`s wax should pretty much all gone, right?

Accumulator
03-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by opass

I used the Sonux Carnauba Spritz to remove some dirt when Z6 could not be found in the house. Do you think this Sonux QD will still cause problem layering Z2 after 3-4 wash?

Thinking the wax in the QD is very weak. Giving one month later, the qd`s wax should pretty much all gone, right?

Taking the last Q first, depends on the QD. Some like Speed Shine leave a surprising amount of "wax" on the surfaces treated.

Can`t really say about the Sonus and Zaino since I honestly don`t know from Zaino except for what people have told me. If I *had* to guess, I`d say no problem.