PDA

View Full Version : PC cord over your shoulder?

Pages : [1] 2

klnyc
03-23-2005, 09:06 AM
You guys have the cord over your shoulder when you polishing? How you guys do it? I hate it(just me), then I saw the cord sock somewhere in this forum(dont recall which thread, I will try look for it) thats made of MF :woot: .

Here you go http://www.dftowel.com/

percynjpn
03-23-2005, 09:19 AM
That`s what I do; I also wrap it around my neck (loosely!) when I have to reach a bit. I don`t mind it so much.

cwcad
03-23-2005, 09:42 AM
That is what i do. It works well except when trying to reach to far. Then it pulls on my neck. After a trial and error period it becomes second nature.

I recently purchased a rotary from CMA that came with a chord monkey. I did not use it. It looked to conviluted to install. It also appeared suspect as to whether it would scratch or not.

Although I have seen the MF chord protector I have decided against it because there are other detailing supplies that I would rather have. I do beleive that it most likely would work. IMHO it is just not necessary.

benpocock
03-23-2005, 09:46 AM
That cord sock looks like a good product, especially for $9.95, however it would probably cost another $40 to ship it to the UK!

Ben

Bill D
03-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Rod Kraft of Meguiars suggested putting the cord over your shoulder with it looped through a press open style key holder ( shaped sorta like a "D") to your pocket. You can get one for under a dollar in discount stores or Wal-Mart.

klnyc
03-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

Rod Kraft of Meguiars suggested putting the cord over your shoulder with it looped through a press open style key holder ( shaped sorta like a "D") to your pocket. You can get one for under a dollar in discount stores or Wal-Mart.

Yup, thats sound a good ideal. Kmart,WM,HD should have them. I`m going try it out...haha just hate getting a sleep hold on those 110volt cord :shocked

zippymbr
03-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I put it over my shoulder and tuck it into my belt. that way it does not keep falling off my shoulder.

C. Charles Hahn
03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
I put it over my shoulder and thru one of the belt loops on my pants -- it works well but sometimes is a pain if I have to set the machine down and walk away from it for any reason.

SK2003TypeS
03-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Cord goes over my shoulder and then I wrap it around my leg. Keeps it off the paint for me.

EBPcivicsi
03-23-2005, 11:38 AM
I guess I am just old school, right over the shoulder feels fine to me. It feels most natural........

I do dislike the short cord with the cyclo as it brings the plug up higher and into contact with my back. At least the PC and rotary are long enough that the plug is on the floor.

2k2blackWRX
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Depending on what part of the car im doing depends on where the Cord is, for any vertical section the cord just hangs because I never go from vertical to Horizonal.

If its a Roof, Hood or Trunk I will either Put the Cord over my shoulder if I am not reaching far or If I am going to have to reach far I do a sort of Wrist Wrap with the cord before it goes over my shoulder. I couldn`t even explain how I do it becuase its involuntary but it works.

the other pc
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

Rod Kraft of Meguiars suggested putting the cord over your shoulder with it looped through a press open style key holder ( shaped sorta like a "D") to your pocket. You can get one for under a dollar in discount stores or Wal-Mart. Yup, Rod was wearing one on Saturday.

http://images.rei.com/media/665495Prd.jpg

The gizmo is called a carabiner. (pronounced "care-uh-bean-er").

Originally a piece mountaineering/rock climbing/rope lashing hardware, thirty years ago only climbers used them for key rings. Now they make cheap knock-off copies by the millions to use as key rings.

Make sure that wherever you clip it on you body (belt loop or whatever) that you can`t lean it into the car you`re working on.

(safety tip: never use one meant as a key ring for climbing. You will die.)

PC.

bufferman71
03-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Classic also sells the cord sock, they call it Monkey tail I think

klnyc
03-23-2005, 02:10 PM
No cordless 7424?

Bill D
03-23-2005, 02:19 PM
No, unfortunately not :(