PDA

View Full Version : Prep for new Mazda 3

rob007
03-23-2005, 09:02 AM
We`ve just ordered a new Velocity Red Mazda 3 that should be arriving within the next two weeks. I told the dealer to just remove all the plastic but not to wash or prep the car. Can I just give it a thorough wash, claybar, and LSP or is there more that needs to be done to a new car if a dealer has not prepped it?

Thanks.

togwt
03-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Without `dealer prep` you may not get the free optional extra â€Ëœswirl marksâ€â„¢ (I know but youâ€â„¢ll have to contain your disappointment) otherwise your plan looks good.

Good luck with your new vehicle and enjoy

JonM

Accumulator
03-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Just impress upon them that you won`t stand for any marring from the wrap-removal. When the Mazda dealer removed the wrap from our MPV (note to self: dumb dumb dumb, should`ve taken it off myself) they scratched the paint in a few places.

Oh, and removing the wrap often involves a wash (the vehicle is usually pretty dirty when the get it)...so just be forewarned. It can be a real catch-22...do you want marring from their fender covers being on the dirty paint when they do the pre-delivery mechanical inspection or do you want them to mar it by washing the dirt off?

From now on I`m taking mine in the plastic with no prep of any kind, and then I`ll take it back to them after I clean it up.

milky
03-23-2005, 02:07 PM
^What they said. When I got my mazda 3 I gave them instructions not to wash, prep, or even remove the plastic. They did, and gave me some horrible holograms and a dirty headliner. Inspect your paint if there are small scratches or marring so you can take it out. Btw, I love that color! Enjoy your new car :)

rob007
04-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Well I took delivery today. I plan to wash/claybar, possible FP II, then zaino in a couple days. I just told them not to do anything to the exterior, but they took that to mean nothing. So all the plastic is on the interior and there are these tabs under the lights and in places in the trunk. They just seem like pieces of paper so I guess just pull them out? Is there anything else I should be removing? They really did absolutely nothing and wrote do not prep in chalk on the front and back windshield, I was impressed.

I`ll post some pics after the zaino is applied. Thanks.

vicvic
04-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Nice.. you got a Sport or Sedan?? I got a winning blue mazda 3 sport.. I put zaino on it after I got it.. it look so good ;D

rob007
04-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Not sure what you mean by sport or sedan. It`s a sedan but the trim is `s` (160 hp engine) and we got the sport package (17" wheels). How do you like the car so far? It`s actually for my sister who is far from an autopian so hopefully all this work is not just wasted effort. I couldn`t convince her to get the manual unfortunately.

Krautfed 03
04-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Just traded in my Rally White `04 3 "S" for a new `04 Steel Gray 6 "S" Sport Wagon. Loved the 3, but I use the car for work, and needed more room. I couldn`t quite convince myself to buy a van, and the 6 had more cargo area than the Tribute.