PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z6 and FMJ

Pages : [1] 2

SpoiledMan
03-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Has anyone used Z6 as a QD for FMJ? What was your experience? I`m considering using Z6 instead of the Menzerna spray and would like to know if the Z6 restores the slickness.

imported_Burlyq
03-23-2005, 02:34 AM
I would wait a week or two the new Zaino spray sealant is supposed to be real slick. I doubt Z6 would restore slickness, it is a good economical QD because you can dilute it, but it`s mainly for removing dust and smudges, or helping with removal of residue.

opass
03-28-2005, 04:34 PM
I used full strength z6 and it did add more shine and slick.

If you are not in hurry, wait the newer version of Z6.

l33
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Try some lackfinish. Dilute it as a QD or i follow up washes with it as a WAUD product. Makes the surface very slick and "lubricated" while drying with less tension.

SpoiledMan
03-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the responses. I`m a QD junkie so I ordered the Menzerna spray anyway. I have Z6 and will probably order the new Z spray when it comes out.

I have found that FMJ loses a little of its slickness after a couple days or getting wet *but* it then stays pretty much the same and is obviously protecting well as the water sheets away to an almost dry surface.

After getting samples of FMJ and FPII, I ordered the 32 oz. FMJ, Acrylic Spray and PO85RD and am getting the 32 oz. of FPII and IP off another member. A happy customer has been made of me so far.

SpoiledMan
03-31-2005, 09:24 PM
I got the Acrylic spray today and I have found that if it`s applied lightly (fine mist) that it wipes up well. I can`t really tell the difference between the finish after using it or Z6. The Z6 is cheaper though and once the Menzerna is gone, I probably wont buy any more of it unless is comes in a larger size at a better price.

termigator
03-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Did you get the Acrylic spray in the 16 oz. spray bottle for $14.95? I got the 32 oz. refill for $24.95. Now I just have to come up with my own spray bottle. Not a hard task considering how much QD I tend to use.:p

SpoiledMan
03-31-2005, 09:37 PM
I got the 32 oz. I use the pump spray bottles from US Plastics as they yield a very fine mist of the product. I`m thinking of ordering a couple more of those bottles.

05Sleeper
03-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Is the the Menzerna QD as good as they make it out to be at CMA?

SpoiledMan
04-01-2005, 12:23 AM
*NOTHING* is as good as they make it sound on CMA! :rofl

It seems to me to be about the same as Z6 in both how it spreads, wipes away and the remaining slickness. Keep in mind, this is over FMJ and not Z.

05Sleeper
04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
So, would I be better off just staying with the WG and UPP and using the UGE? Or does this reallymake a diferrence when used with FMJ? There are just so many products out there that I dont know whisch is best...

SpoiledMan
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Sorry, I haven`t tried the UGE so I can`t answer that. The consistency of the Acrylic spray is about the same as Z6 also meaning that they are both a little thicker than the usual detail sprays. I don`t know if UGE is like this or if it really matters but.....

chevyguy28
04-01-2005, 01:31 PM
I have Z6, UGE, and Acrylic Shield on my shelf. All very nice QD`s, but the main advantage of Acrylic shield IMO is that it may replenish the finish and extend the durability. Z6 is supposed to do the same. Not sure UGE does, but it has a great smell and is easy to use.

Love them all.

termigator
04-01-2005, 02:11 PM
UGE supposedly has the same polymers that UPP has, so it should extend the life of UPP if you use it.

05Sleeper
04-01-2005, 02:14 PM
I am just wondering if tghere is a good QD that will cover all of the the top sealents, and restore the slickness and the luster of the finish