PDA

View Full Version : Do I have enough or I am missing a step?

imported_intoran
03-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Here are the products I have. Not sure where all of them stack up as far as the order I should be using them in. Some of them are different brands, so I don`t expect to use all in on detail session. I`m wondering where my polishes and waxes fit into the spectrum. I am thinking I need to add a step after the #83 and before Z5 or Sonus Paintwork Cleanser? The Z2 would be the LSP correct? Any help would be great!

I have a PC with Sonus Black, Blue, Green, and Orange pads.

Zaino Wash or Gold Class Wash

Zaino Clay

Megs #83

Zaino Z5 OR Sonus Paintwork Cleanser (are these fairly equal?)

Zaino Z2

Gold Class Wax (I know this is a cleaner wax and would not be used as a topper.)

My first attempt was PC with Orange pad and #83, followed by Sonus Paintwork Cleanser with Blue pad, and Gold Class by hand. Results we`re good, but it seemed like it didn`t improve much after the claying. This is my DD, I was saving the Zaino for my weekend toy.

togwt
03-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Z5 is a polymer not a cleaner nor an abrasive polish (will not remove surface imperfection, or IMO hide them to any extent) if you have surface scratches that you can`t remove due to clear coat thickness considerations use a glaze.

If it were me -

Wash

Clay

Polish

Paint Cleaner (AIO)

Z Process x3

Carnauba wax

JonM

blackntan
03-22-2005, 12:00 PM
drop the gold class, get something like S100, then follow TOGWT`s steps...

imported_intoran
03-22-2005, 12:50 PM
So the Sonus cleaner is good for a step in between #83 and the Zaino?

I figured I would just use the Gold Class on my DD isntead of the Zaino.

White95Max
03-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Don`t use the cheap stuff on the Maxima! Come on!

Get some S100. It`s not that expensive ($15.00).

What color is it?

imported_intoran
03-22-2005, 01:07 PM
haha, no, no.. The Maxima will be getting the Zaino. It is Sterling Mist. It is awaiting a much needed polishing. Got quite a few touchup`s and swirl marks from the previous owner. It`s the wife`s car. My DD is the Ranger.

White95Max
03-22-2005, 01:09 PM
I wish I had sterling mist instead of white. That`s a beautiful color. :up

But I`ll have a different color soon I hope. (different car)

imported_intoran
03-22-2005, 01:12 PM
So. S100 or 4* UPP would be a good topper for Z2?