PDA

View Full Version : please i need help

nosluomtnarg
03-22-2005, 04:53 AM
Can anyone please help!!!!

I`m just about to order some products from autopia. I live in the UK but it actually works out cheaper to purchase from autopia. Anyway i`m having a bit of trouble deciding what products to get

I`m thinking of ordering the klasse twins but i have a few swirls and want to know what else to order to get rid of these?

My other option if i don`t get the klasse twins is to order some products from alex at seriousperformance. I want to go with a sealent i think rather than wax, can anyone give me some suggestions. My car is imperial blue, pretty new but has a few swirls and spiderwebs

Richt
03-22-2005, 05:01 AM
Alex can also sort you out with the whole Meguiars Pro line with lots off swirl removers in there to help you out, or the Poorboys SSR Range, and now has some Klasse in stock too.

A great combo on imperial blue would be Clearkote VM, EX, and top with P21s or Nattys.

Richt
03-22-2005, 05:05 AM
My old miami 205 was not quite as dark as imperial but was a good combo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/RichTreen/Cleaning%20Test/205-ex-nattys2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/RichTreen/Cleaning%20Test/205ex2.jpg

nosluomtnarg
03-22-2005, 05:12 AM
well at first i was gonna order some meguiars speed glaze, the p21s gloss cleanser stuff and the p21s wax. Only thing thats putting me off now is that article on bettercarcare that you should use a sealent instead. Would ex followed by nattys be good?

Richt
03-22-2005, 06:44 AM
If your car lives outside 24/7 and gets used daily I would use a good sealant and top, If not just wax will be fine.

EX topped with Nattys/P21s/ Clearkote Carnuba Moose wax/Blitz or Megs # 16 have all worked for me.

I have just ordered some Souveran and Some Wolfgang so plan to try them.

nosluomtnarg
03-22-2005, 07:01 AM
how does this sound then?

I`ll order some meguiars speed glaze to sort the swirls i have at the moment, i can then use this a couple of times a year when needed. I`ll top the speed glaze with EX-P and the P21S. Will that be a good combo? The only thing i want to know is what light polish i could order to use reguarly throughout the year. Would vanilla moose be good, or the P21S gloss cleanser

Lowejackson
03-22-2005, 07:28 AM
For a light polish you could consider VM or SRP.

What type of car do you have, is it a garage queen, daily driver, is it kept outside.

nosluomtnarg
03-22-2005, 07:33 AM
its used daily and stored on my driveway not in a gargage. i look after itall the time though and wash it eevry week, sometimes twice. i might get VM then as a more regular polish

Richt
03-22-2005, 07:36 AM
I`m really liking carlack68 at the moment had some great results with it at the weekend on a friends car.

Id say #80 as needed, Carlack68/Klasse AIO, VM then EX with Carnuba and top with a pure Carnuba If you wish.

Lowejackson
03-22-2005, 07:41 AM
Rich, are VM and AIO basically doing the same thing?

Richt
03-22-2005, 07:57 AM
VM seems to add more off a wet look than the Carlack 68 on its own. I always prefer the extra glaze type step weather it be VM, Hand Polish, or #7.

One thing tho - I did a really bad kept Renault Laguna at the weekend. Went over the whole car with Super Resin and it looked Better, Followed that with a coat of Carlack, and then another coat. The second coat looked noticeably better than the first. Never know a second coat off something to make such a dramatic difference.

Lowejackson
03-22-2005, 09:05 AM
I am guessing it worked because the SRP is more abrasive than Carlack. Interestingly I had success with AIO and then SRP but I use SRP purely as a sealant and apply it very gently

imported_vindaloo
03-22-2005, 09:44 AM
There are so many excellent combos, it`s a question of which one works for you & your car colour.

My current fave on swirl free silver paint is:-

Carlack68/ 2 x UPP/ 1 x Nattys

I can honestly say it`s the first time I`ve noticed the flakes in the silver on my Boxster really stand out, excellent finish & all easy to apply & remove.

If there are swirls I like either Menzerna IP/FP or SSR2.5 & SSR1 before the above steps.

Anyone compared Carlack/Grojet & AIO side by side yet?