PDA

View Full Version : No detailing for me this weekend....

zesty-man
11-30-2004, 11:54 PM
ah, this weekend i wont be able to touch my car, or anyone elses for that matter. first, i have to take my SAT saturday mornng. than immediately after that, i have to head out to maui to go to my cousins wedding. we plan to spend the night at maui then fly back to oahu lunchtime sunday. when i get home, its homework time, then sleepy time :)

maybe i can find something interesting at maui...... my poor neglected car :(. im gonna miss it

mtodde
12-01-2004, 12:30 AM
The nice thing about silver is that it will never look as bad as a black car if you have to skip washing it one weekend...look on the bright side.

Good luck on the SAT!

JaredPointer
12-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Good luck on your test Zesty! Score high!!

norahcrv
12-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Good Luck on your SAT`s, Zesty!!! I hope you`ve been "prepping" for them!:)

rabbi
12-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Good luck Zman!

cwcad
12-01-2004, 10:38 AM
hey zestyman,
good luck on the SAT`s. keep us informed as to how well you did. i am interested because i have a son who is going to take his on saturday , also. he is extemely brite boy who is only 12 years old. he did well on his standard texas tests and was asked to participate in a program that Duke University sponsors. he is as nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers.

have fun, do good, be well!!

Raven
12-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Best of luck on the SAT`s!

zesty-man
12-01-2004, 10:23 PM
wow 12 years old! thats fantastic, you kid must be really smart. im not quit sure if you guys wanna hear my scores that i get back....

Griz
12-01-2004, 11:27 PM
wow 12 years old! thats fantastic, you kid must be really smart. im not quit sure if you guys wanna hear my scores that i get back....

well how bout both report back, and we`ll see if you`re smarter than a 12 year old. just messin with ya, good luck.

cwcad
12-02-2004, 10:37 AM
im not quit sure if you guys wanna hear my scores that i get back....

i would not have said it if i did not mean it. i barely made it thru high school but know that it is important to encourage all who are willing to get a better education.

i also know now that it sounded like i was bragging. that was not my intent!
education is not a competition. it is a community not unlike Detail City. i was sharing as were you.

OK, i am guilty of being a proud papa!

zesty-man
12-05-2004, 07:28 PM
ah, home sweet home. im finally back. that was a pleasent trip, but i have to go back to my homework, i have finals in a week :(......

cwcad
12-05-2004, 07:36 PM
glad to see that you made it back.

was wondering how you felt after the SAT`s. my boy said that he did well on the math but was worried about the vocabulary part. will post his score when he recieves it. do not know how long that will take.

zesty-man
12-05-2004, 07:42 PM
ah, i knew you would ask. heres what i felt. the first two parts of math were a breeze for me, id be really suprised if i got more than two wrong on either of those. however, the 3rd part of the math got a bit tougher, and i was forced to leave 3 blank, along with taking an educated guess on two others. the last math part was ok, i finshed all the problems, guessing on a couple (after elimiating of course).

as for the vocab.... the reading comprehension was shaky. its always been shaky for me. i think i did ok on the analogies becuase i`ve had many of the words on my english vocabulary tests. i have a hard time concentrating on what i read, so im hoping for a 600, though its a real stretch.

oh, how old is your son again? i was talking to my aunty on maui and she said that her daughter was gonna take the SATs, and that she was 7th grade. they wanted to see how well she would do, and she was thinking about that john hopkins school.

cwcad
12-05-2004, 09:58 PM
my son, Jonathan, is 12 years old. he has always been ahead of the game since he first hooked up his computer when he was seven. i am 52 and still need help whenever i move my desk top somewhere.

as i told my son, "you might be surprised at how well you did."

thanks for letting us know.