PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Fiber towels in aisle 7 at Wally-World (Walmart)

Gary Wells
03-20-2005, 07:40 PM
FWIW & IMHO:

Wally World (Walmart) carries an excellent micro-fiber, (80% Polyester & 20% Nylon) towel that works very well on windows and car quick polish applications, ( Meguires Quick Detailer, for instance) not in their automotive section but in their kitchen hand towel section under the name of "Home Trends". each towel is about 15.5" wide by 22.5" long and come 2 to a package for $ 5.00. They are hemmed and although not quite as nice as the old Meguires micro-fiber towel, they are an excellent bargin. Fold in 1/3`s lengthwise and then fold in 1/3`s again and you have an ideal size towel for windows and the car also.

And for windows, they carry both the brand names Stoner Invisiglass for about $ 3.47, and they carry an excellent window cleaner under the "Gunk" brand name for about $ 1.98.

Naturally not quite as good as Stoner, but damn close to it and very economically priced. Look for this in the auto section. Sorry for the long and boring post, just thought that I would share my observations and users experience.

HTH

Robb
03-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Was going to make a thread similiar to this, dont mean to hijack this one, but thought id add to it.

I recently purchased an 8 pack of MF that were in the auto section. They were $5 for 8, they were really pretty decent, work great on windows, i even tried qd`ing and they didnt lint and no marring. Pretty good deal, even just to use as interior/door jamb towels, only washed them once so i cant tell how they`re going to wear.

BigAl3
03-20-2005, 08:08 PM
also... at target in the bath/kitchen towels section, they have some ww towels (also have microfibers as well) that are soft to the touch and i wouldn`t be able to tell the difference if both theirs and mine were next to each other side by side (if they had no labels). :nixweiss

imported_Qship
03-20-2005, 08:48 PM
I`ll be going to Target tomorrow.

wannafbody
03-20-2005, 11:11 PM
the target WW are nice medium sized towells-12x24 i think

violentveedub
03-20-2005, 11:44 PM
i use the "gunk" window cleaner and it works great for about 1/3 of the price of a same sized stoner can.