PDA

View Full Version : 1zup/orange too aggressive or what?

RonTL
03-19-2005, 12:21 PM
I recently posted my results on here:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52419

I have 2001 civic ex with Nighthawk black pearl paint

I used:

1zpp/orange pad x2

1zpp/green pad x2

Sonus PWC/blue pad x1

I only did the hood with that process and I still have a little bit of swirls, but not much left on the hood. Ill probably go back over it with 1zpp/green then sonus PWC to see if that gets rid of it.

I have to do the rest of the car now and the rest is as bad as the hood was.

Should I start off with x1 of 1zup/orange? Im afraid to, and Im kinda new to this, I dont want to take off too much paint.:nono But with that step, it would eliminate a lot of my time and the swirls.

Is that too agressive, since the products made for heavy oxidation?

Any help would be apreciated.:up

imported_dpeezy415
03-19-2005, 01:19 PM
I`d go with it. But make sure that the area you`re working on needs it.

By doing the hood you now have an idea of the capabilities of your pad/product combo.

Adjust accordingly and only use it on areas that need it.

I`ve used a medium abrasive and the orange cut pad and I needed two passes on my car...

Accumulator
03-19-2005, 02:03 PM
RonTL- I`d go for it too. While that *is* a pretty aggressive combo, if it worked well on your hood then it oughta work well elsewhere too. Just don`t overdo it with the UP (switch to PP as soon as you can) and try to *not* mar it in the future so you don`t have to do such an aggressive job again.

RonTL
03-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the Replies.

Accumulator- I didn`t mar it LOL. I just bought it the other day.

And I didn`t use the 1zup/orange pad on the hood. I used the 1zpp/orange x2. I was afraid to use the 1zup/orange.

But I think Ill just go for it. Ill use the 1zup/orange pad once over the car.

Thanks for the replies guys

Accumulator
03-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by RonTL

.. I didn`t use the 1zup/orange pad on the hood. I used the 1zpp/orange x2. I was afraid to use the 1zup/orange.

But I think Ill just go for it. Ill use the 1zup/orange pad once over the car.

I`d try a limited area first just to make sure it`s not a bad idea. And take it easy on the "high points" where the paint might be a little thinner. Be sure to work the products until they break down, but not until they`re completely dry.

RonTL
03-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks Accumulator. Im going to go out and get some clay first since I haven`t clayed it yet. Then ill try the 1zup/orange on a small area. But if I still have my doubts, i`ll just spend the extra time using the 1zpp/orange x3.