PDA

View Full Version : Latest Tire Gels - comparing

SVR
03-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Before purchasing every single tire gel in the USA, I would like to know opinions from people who have used at least the pinnacle, wolfgang, eimann fabrik, detailers pride and four star brands

How do they compare with black diamond

I`m loving this product, it has so many uses.

Are the above brands of tire gel all petroleum distillate, solvent and alcohol free like the diamond

Do they last as long as BD and have you found them to have other uses besides tires

Anxiously waiting for opinions, hints and tips for all brands of gels

imported_Mighty HD
03-19-2005, 08:50 AM
If you can find it:

Detailer`s advantage tire foam has been the best so far. It works excellent on my tires and lasts a long time.

Armor-all extreme tire shine is not the best (new in the red can). It leaves run marks on the tire and is not even.

Black magic seems to work well, but not as good as detailer`s advantage.

Advance auto parts tire spray foam is crap! The worst stuff I have EVER used. The spray mist is so fine it gets all over the paint and everything around you. IT dries like glue and will NOT come off. Stay away!

Mizzuri
03-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Hey,

Tried to Pm you but your mailbox is full.

for tyres, I recently tried Lexol Vinylex. Clean the tyre as well as you can, spray some vinylex on an old microfibre and clean it again and see how much more brown stuff comes off.

Then get an a piece of spunge, or one of those yellow backed eagle one tyre swipes? and apply vinylex to the tyre liberally.

Leave it to dry. If its not glossy enough for you add another coat, if its too glossy give it a wipe. LAsts for a couple of weeks and doesnt brown the tyre or sling.

Good luck