PDA

View Full Version : 1 Step - Menzerna FP & AIO

Pages : [1] 2

Mizzuri
03-19-2005, 02:46 AM
I was detailing a 99 Merc E240 silver and had very limited time to complete the job. I had polished the car with Menzerna IP and Yellow Edge Pad on Rotary between 1500-1200rpm. I realsied i didnt have time for for a seperate

FP with Blue Edge pad and AIO with White Edge pad also on rotary, when i remembers watching the polishing video from Adam`s Polishes.

I added a line of FP with a line of AIO with a Blue Edge Pad on the Rotary and buffed away. I was amazed not only how it helped in reducing the FP from gumming up with the gloss and slickness it produced.

It also saved me about 30-45min. I finished it up with P21S and the paint look like it was dripping off.

Feel free to give it a try and lets see what you think.

Tony.

spotpad
03-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Whoa! Mixin` it up eh? pics!

imported_memnuts
03-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Sounds like an excellent idea and combo, especially the part about the anti-gumming effect. :bow

I will try it.

01bluecls
03-19-2005, 08:39 AM
You`ve created a mooonster! :)

togwt
03-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Mizzuri-thank you for the information and your insights, sounds like something try.

JonM

imported_Axe
03-19-2005, 03:07 PM
The theories of one product per pad don`t count anymore then ?

Aurora
03-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Axe

The theories of one product per pad don`t count anymore then ? Guess not. It sounds like a great attack plan. I mean, if you work it fully, your AIO`s acryllics should still bond, right?

imported_Axe
03-19-2005, 03:39 PM
And that is another point I was going to make jrocc1212 .. the chemical reactions of these products applied together ... what`s going on there then ?

Aurora
03-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Axe

And that is another point I was going to make jrocc1212 .. the chemical reactions of these products applied together ... what`s going on there then ? You`re right. The abrassives will be there regardless and maybe the lubricants as well, but the AIO is where the problem might occur. Most of us love AIO not just for the cleaning, but the base layer it leaves behind.

imported_memnuts
03-19-2005, 04:44 PM
The one polish per pad usage is based on progressive decrease of polishing agents. If one did not change pads as one refined the polishing agents there would be some residue heavier abrasive potentially still in the pad. This would negate the decreasing abrasive polishing regimen.

So in this experiment he is only using "one" polish on "one" pad, be it a home-made combo polish (FP and AIO). FP- cleansing and barnishing effect and AIO mild polishing and cleansing.

It didn`t sound like he was using the AIO as a protective agent so what ever happens to the AIO beyond surface prep seems to be irrevelant. He did top with a carnuaba.

That was my take.:xyxthumbs

steck
03-19-2005, 06:24 PM
i like it.

think of the endless combo`s one could dream up....tons alone with just AIO.

seems like AIO is the perfect `mixer` agent!

steck
03-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by steck

i like it.

think of the endless combo`s one could dream up....tons alone with just AIO.

seems like AIO is the perfect `mixer` agent!

Keeping in mind the original purpose of this....To save time..when the experimenter had very little..

armoredsaint
03-19-2005, 06:26 PM
:showpics

imported_memnuts
03-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

:showpics

Only if you believe that pictures portray the real image in 2-dimensions. :nixweiss

Mizzuri
03-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Its true, I have created a monster...

For all of you out there wondering about how mixing the FP and AIO will effect AIO as a base layer I am no chemist. I do know however the paint looked exactly as I would if I had done the two steps seperately. All you detailers out there will be familier with Merc Silver paint, and it has a distincly different look after FP and AIO. Liquid....

It had that same slick AIO feel to it as normal. I made sure that I cleaned the pad after every pannel with the edge pad cleaning brush (which is very adictive to use) and little spray of water.

Let me know what others have found

--- There were no pics as it was 10:30pm by the time I finished the car.