PDA

View Full Version : MPPC before 1ZPP?

PaPenguin
03-18-2005, 07:11 AM
After reading and researching here for about a month I decided to do my `92 White Jetta. My plan is wash, clay, wash, 1ZPP and 1ZGW. The paint is pretty good considering it`s old and I`ve only used one step products like Turtle Wax and Meguiars Cleaner Wax on it. The top surfaces are pretty dirty and have a little oxidation. My question is should I use a paint cleaner like Meguiars Medallion between the claying and the 1ZPP or would this be a waste of time and product? Also, would the 1Z products apply well over a cleaner like Meguiar`s? Thanks.

PaPenguin
03-19-2005, 03:02 PM
I guess I`ll just fool around with a small section and try some things and see what works best.

imported_Axe
03-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, 1z PP is fairly aggressive (5 i think on the ratings here) and I would guess the paint cleaner is milder, so yes it probably would be a waste of cleaner product, time and effort in this case.

I do think you will need something after the PP and before the GW though, 1z MP for example ? However, as you say, have a `fool around` and see what works for you.

Accumulator
03-19-2005, 06:33 PM
PaPenguin- People will argue this both ways, but I`d just go straight to the 1Z PP unless things are still looking very dingy after you clay.

Sometimes you need MP after PP, but not always. Just have to see. IMO you`ll probably be OK without it, but it`s just a guess and *I* always use MP after PP myself.