PDA

View Full Version : 2nd trial with QEW

imported_dpeezy415
03-17-2005, 11:53 PM
The first time I used QEW I didn`t like it.

I was kinda hesitant to use it on a DRY car so I sprayed the whole car down first. As I continued to QEW I noticed my chenille wash mitts getting very soiled. Even when I dipped them and scrubbed them in the rinse bucket they were still black. I didn`t trust that they got everything so I gave up and just did a regular wash with NXT.

Second time different story.

That was maybe six weeks ago. Today I decided to give it another chance. The car has not been washed in a week but I did S&W the whole car two days ago. It was just moderately dusty from some freeway driving and pollen.

The nice thing is I did it in my one car garage with the garage door closed. You don`t use more than 3 gallons of water and the finish didn`t lose any of its slickness (AIO/SGx2/Nattys).

From the time I filled the 2 buckets to the time I was completely dry was 40 minutes. Quick and Easy? Yes, it does cut quite a bit of time. I even got to the wheels. I can see how professionals like it.

What I take out of the experience

-I`m not worried about it marring because the mitt glides across the car well, indicating excellent lubrication

-When drying, MFs were clean so I know that the QEW got all of the dirt off

-PakShak and ExcelDetail MFs are EXCELLENT

Conclusion for now...

I still like pulling out the buckets and the hose for a full wash down, but QEW does have one advantage. If you look to cut time from the overall process (without sacrificing quality) this is a GREAT way. In other words, for pro detailers this is a SOLID way to work more efficiently.

Scottwax
03-18-2005, 12:14 AM
The first time I tried QEW, I was underwhelmed. It took a few times to really get the hang of it and since this was 12 years ago, way before Autopia, there wasn`t anyone to get tips from.

Once I got the method down cold, QEW became my primary wash. I even wash my own car with QEW 99% of the time.

TW85 HHI
03-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Late last year I said I would never use QEW. Well, you know the saying of to never say never. Tried QEW in January and while I still enjoy a hose wash when the weather is nice, QEW is great for when time is short.

Now throw the wash mitt in the wash and it`ll be good as new.

prontospyder
03-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Used QEW along with alittle leftover NXT Spray Wax today - I wished I discovered QEW sooner. :)