PDA

View Full Version : question about klasse aio

dt15
03-17-2005, 09:19 PM
hi everyone,

just wondering if klasse aio is safe to use on a reg basis. i have a jet black car. product description says that klasse aio has mild abrasives. will this scratch the clear coat? can this product be used each time you wash the car or should it be only used 1-2 times per year?

dt15

goceltics34
03-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Good question. I want to know the same thing because I intend to try many different wax combinations. I plan on waxing at least twice a month. I want to be able to use AIO each time to strip the old wax. Somebody with any suggestions?

White95Max
03-17-2005, 09:25 PM
I don`t think AIO would do any noticeable clearcoat reduction even after years of using it once a month or more.

I have never noticed AIO having any impact on swirls, so these "mild abrasives", if it actually has any, are VERY mild. They are nothing to worry about.

No they won`t scratch your clearcoat.

I don`t see any reason to use it every time you wash the car. AIO removes anything under it. If you want to do something for the car after each wash, add another layer of carnauba wax. You can only get so many layers, but if it makes you feel better, go for it!

tinman
03-17-2005, 09:25 PM
where did you read that aio has mild abrasives? I think the cleaners in it are chemically acting not mechanical (abrasive) and it is clear coat safe.

White95Max
03-17-2005, 09:30 PM
From the back of my bottle of AIO:

"Klasse All-In-One is a non-abrasive cleaner-polish-protector invented by a German chemist for cars-boats-airplanes-home use"

togwt
03-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by tinman

where did you read that aio has mild abrasives? I think the cleaners in it are chemically acting not mechanical (abrasive) and it is clear coat safe.

Take a little AIO between your fingers and tell me what you feel.. an abrasive. Klasse is more of a chemical cleaner but it does contain abrasives, it removes oxidation and a chemical (unless it was very, very strong) could not accomplish this

JonM

tripper_11
03-18-2005, 01:22 AM
it contains very very very MINIMAL abrasives. it`s safe to conclude it`s more of a chemical cleaner.

you can use it as often as you like, for as long as you apply it by hand, and not worked it TOO much over the surface (as if just applying a coat of SG), unless you`re doing full-fledged polishing, in which case, AIO might not be the proper product.