PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Planning

mceb
03-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Hello all, I`m new to weekend detailing so this is all basic stuff I`m asking just to see if I`m on the right track. I`m buying a new roadster (black) this summer as a 2nd car (toy) so I`m reading up on how to do things right.

I bought a PC and I`m hoping I don`t screw anything up with it (will practice on my older car first). I`m a little shaky on exactly how much (or little) pressure to apply and how fast I should move the thing along? Heard they were idiot proof so I`m hoping for that :D

My plan is to only apply product to the car with the PC and buff off product with the proper towels. OK or bad idea?

My other questions are around the product lines themselves. I`d like to get onto a system of polish and seal twice a year (plus quick detailing in between washes).

I`ve been looking and reading much about the Klasse products and recently been reading up on the Autoglym line too. Any major differerences that would apply to starting off on a new car? Protecting the new clearcoat is my primary concern.

Whichever product I go with I`m assuming I use a light polish/cleaner right off the bat with a new car, not knowing what`s on there to start with (dealer prep etc.)

Thanks,