PDA

View Full Version : AIO,PW-C and Meg ColorX

Pages : [1] 2

klnyc
03-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi guys,

How`s is the Meg Color-X compare with AIO or PBPP?

For all the cars I have detailed, I had been using AIO. So, I wanted to try out some different brand of polish.

thanks

blackntan
03-18-2005, 11:06 AM
I actually started a thread a few days ago, on pretty much the same topic..

I was looking for a replacement, or competitor for AIO.

Turns out there isn`t one... The closest everyone could come was colorx...

I have colorx, and AIO, and they`re not even the same sport..

Colorx is more of a fine abrasive made to smooth things out, like S100 shine enhancing cream or such. A combo of a weak abrasive and a polish.

AIO is so much more... I say you do what i`m doing. Stick with what works...

klnyc
03-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh thats sux. Dont get me wrong, I love AIO. I guess I will stick with AIO bit longer, unless there`s something out there thats about the same. :nixweiss

Thanks for the info.

Scottwax
03-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Polish w/carnauba will be closer to AIO than ColorX is. It will be great if you are using a carnauba LSP, but if you are using a sealant you may be better off with AIO.

klnyc
03-19-2005, 05:44 PM
How about 4* Ultimate Paint Cleanser. This is also a paint cleaner. Hows this compare with AIO? Does the 4* UPC contain any abrasive?

JeffM
03-19-2005, 06:58 PM
You could probably make your own version of AIO with 4* UPC and UPP mixed together.

klnyc
03-19-2005, 10:14 PM
You know what? I`m going try it out and report back here ;)

There`s guy here done it with s21 and #16. He melted both together.I forgot what`s called...S16? DK

Mad iX
03-19-2005, 11:22 PM
I`ve tried mixing liquids of similar types (polish with glaze) before. Two paste waxes make sense too I guess.

Mixing a cleaner/polish with lsp ... I wonder how effective that would be. I`m guessing durability wouldn`t be too great until you added another layer of UPP by itself.

josh_s70glt
03-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by klnyc

You know what? I`m going try it out and report back here ;)

There`s guy here done it with s21 and #16. He melted both together.I forgot what`s called...S16? DK

P21S + #16 = P37S :p

klnyc
03-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by josh_s70glt

P21S + #16 = P37S :p

Yeah something like that.. :cool:

stevet
03-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by blackntan

I was looking for a replacement, or competitor for AIO.

Turns out there isn`t one... The closest everyone could come was colorx...

I have colorx, and AIO, and they`re not even the same sport..

How did you come to this conclusion? AIO and Color X are very similar. They are both pre wax/sealant cleaners that leave some protection behind. If you think AIO doesn`t contain abrasives think again. Do a search on AIO containing abrasives . There are many that feel it does.

Although AIO and Color X are not identical (what two products are?) they are more similar than different. To say they are not even the same sport is just simply not true.

04BlackAV
03-20-2005, 10:25 AM
I did a side by side comparison between AIO and ColorX on my hood.Both applied using a PC.To me the clear winner was ColorX.You could see that the ColorX side added more gloss.And neither one has affected the durability of the Z2 I applied over it.For the price and availability ColorX will be my go to now instead of AIO.

stevet
03-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Polish w/carnauba will be closer to AIO than ColorX is.

Please explain why you think this.

klnyc
03-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Okay, Im going to Target now and grab me bottle or a tube of C-X. Next weekend I going compare it with AIO.

mdsmithers
03-20-2005, 11:55 AM
FWIW Walmart has ColorX on clearance right now, try there klnyc