PDA

View Full Version : whats the word on eagleone nanowax?

aztec12
03-17-2005, 12:51 AM
bought this wax today but im trying to read from maybe other users to see how they like or disliked it.i must say that the box came with yhe wax, an aplicator and a microfiber towel all for 9.99 I thought that was really good for the price right?:cool:

imported_dpeezy415
03-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Well, everyone here usually uses a handful of products/combos, but really MOST of the stuff out there is pretty good. Since this is an over the counter wax, people here are hesitant to use it (since the manufacturer is looking to hit a target price, they may skimp on certain ingredients/processes) but it still may be an excellent product.

Please let us know your experience about it using the following criteria:

Packaging

Instructions

Ease of Use

Slickness

Depth & Clairity

Gloss & Finish

Wax Durability

Water Beading

MFG Claims

Value

Thanks and look forward to your post.

googledude
03-17-2005, 07:02 AM
:welcome

Welcome to Autopia!

There are reviews of many products in the Detailing Product Discussion forum. The site here has a search feature that is very helpful in pulling up information that has already been covered!

Anhow check out this link for more info on the same topic discussed previously.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44331&highlight=nanowax

As for my thoughts, I don`t care for it too much. The look wasn`t that stunning to my eye. Not horrible, but I`ll choose better.

:xyxthumbs

EBPcivicsi
03-17-2005, 09:02 AM
I thought it was failry decent, especially for something locally available.

Every detail is dependent upon prep, but the EO nano definitely add something a properly prepped finish.

I find it brighter and perhaps sharper than NXT. Not sure what you have used in order to make a proper comparison.

AlexRuiz
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
If you paint is properly prepared, it looks great, as leaves the paint shiny and deep. Surface is very slick. Removal is kind of tricky, but application is very easy, and it has a very nice smell. Cleaner are not very strong, but are not that mild. Where I find works the best is at filling LIGHT swirls. One of the top products at retail, but the newest wave of retail products are very good.

The biggest downside I found is the durability. One wash and slickness is gone, 2 washes and shine is almost gone, 3 washes and beading is almost gone...... only the old Meg`s gold class performed worse in this regard. Not sure what causes this poor durabilit after a wash, as it lasts weeks if you don`t wash the car :nixweiss

EBPcivicsi
03-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by AlexRuiz

If you paint is properly prepared, it looks great, as leaves the paint shiny and deep. Surface is very slick. Removal is kind of tricky, but application is very easy, and it has a very nice smell. Cleaner are not very strong, but are not that mild. Where I find works the best is at filling LIGHT swirls. One of the top products at retail, but the newest wave of retail products are very good.

The biggest downside I found is the durability. One wash and slickness is gone, 2 washes and shine is almost gone, 3 washes and beading is almost gone...... only the old Meg`s gold class performed worse in this regard. Not sure what causes this poor durabilit after a wash, as it lasts weeks if you don`t wash the car :nixweiss

Hmm, I found my results to be a bit different. I thought that the cleaners were fairly strong and at the end of 30 days in the winter it was still beading quite nicely(slickness was decent too).

I also had no problems with removal. I applied it to the entire car with a black magic foam applicator, then removed immediately with MF. No problems, IIRC it was about 50 degrees and I was inside the garage. Humidity would have been low as it wasn`t raining and was applied in the late winter.

AlexRuiz
03-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

Hmm, I found my results to be a bit different. I thought that the cleaners were fairly strong and at the end of 30 days in the winter it was still beading quite nicely(slickness was decent too).

I also had no problems with removal. I applied it to the entire car with a black magic foam applicator, then removed immediately with MF. No problems, IIRC it was about 50 degrees and I was inside the garage. Humidity would have been low as it wasn`t raining and was applied in the late winter.

What else did you do to the paint? I suspect that the product is picky about proper bonding. When I have applied it, it is usually after just a wash. Because the paint is well kept, the most I have done before appying it was the mothers pre-wax cleaner. Removal is not hard by any means, but is surely is more work than the old mothers reflections or the turtle ultra.

Edit: Did you wash the car within those 30 days?

Alex

EBPcivicsi
03-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Nope, the car had polished about two months before. I just applied one thin layer of the EO nano.

IIRC(it has been about a year), I washed the car four times during that month with QEW. Let me search for the thread and I will find out exactly what I did to the paint withtin the month.

EDIT* This is what I wrote about it last year (3-5-04) after 30 days.

It has been about a month since I applied nano wax. Since then I have washed it five times, four times using QEW and once with NXT soap. I have also Qd`ed once with mothers showtime. It has rained everyday this week, my car is filthy. Here is the Nano beading, quite stongly I might add.

It lasts a month, that is all I need. In the morning I will be applying another coat of something. So mabe someone else can test durability further than a month, but it is killing me, I am ready to spend some time with my paint!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd24b3127cceb981ad48aa930000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd24b3127cceb981ad272bcc0000001610

jfox03cobra
03-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I`ve used it a few times. I also thought it was difficult to remove, especially if you use too much. It does smell great, but the packaging stinks. The pump bottle is a nifty idea, but my pump broke and started squirting was out of the top of the lid (base of the nozzle) and out of the nozzle (where it`s supposed too). I used it before I found this site though, so my paint has lots of fine swirls/scratches... Which it may help with light swirl marks but that about it. The microfiber is a little to small, but it still has its uses. I found the durabillity to be variable. It lasted about a month for me, about 2 months for my best friend.

I thinks it`s about as good as you can get locally.

SSQ
03-17-2005, 10:10 AM
My first impression was that I hated the bottle.

The wax does fill in minor scratches, and smells pretty good. Durability was fine for me, lasted roughly a month.

However, in place of this wax, I would recomment the NXT or the Turtle Zymol Cleaner Wax. Both of those products would outlast the Nano, and looks as good, if not better.

aztec12
03-17-2005, 04:06 PM
well i still have my receipt,should i exchange it? my 4 choices are nxt, eo nanowax,turtlewax platinum series,and megs gold class and maybe zaino my point is that i want something that i can go to an auto parts store(autozone,western auto,walmart k-mart)and buyit. if you had to put them in order ,how would you rank this waxes? tks

AlexRuiz
03-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Aztec12, do not return it, it is a good product.

I am puzzled by the very variable durability. Let me try it again. Regarding how they compare to each other, this is my PERSONAL review (can be different for you)

Originally posted by AlexRuiz

I posted this comparison a while back

"Comparing the products considered the BEST at retail level (USA - Canada) these are my assesments. I have used NXT, TWPUG, Nanowax and mothers reflections quite extensively to do over 6 cars in the family. They are very close to each other, very good products and my overall rating would be as follows (top product is 100)

1) Reflections

2) Turtle Ultra - 97

3) NXT - 95

4) Nanowax - 94

That should give you an idea of how close they are to each other. Breaking up by categories.

Shine/Reflectivity

1) Reflections

2) NXT - 97

3) Nanowax - 96

4) Turtle Ultra - 94

Depth / Gloss

1) Turtle Ultra

2) Nanowax - 97

4) NXT - 95

3) Reflections - 93

Durability (no Zaino/Klasse/collinite killer here.... They are all beauty waxes , durability measured by slickness, water beading, easiness to remove dirt after a month)

1) Reflections

2) NXT - 94

3) Turtle Ultra - 92

4) Nanowax - 90

Smell / Aroma (YMMV, as the top 3 have well defined smells that may appeal to diferent people. Only the turtle doesn`t have a target smell)

1) Reflections

3) Nanowax - 98 (fruity)

2) NXT - 97 (citrus)

4) Turtle Ultra - 90

Aplication / removal

1) Reflections

4) Turtle Ultra - 97

2) NXT - 90

3) Nanowax - 87

Swirl mark hiding

1) Nanowax

2) NXT - 95

3) Reflections - 92

4) Turtle Ultra - 90

Slickness 24 hours after application

1) NXT

2) Reflections - 95

3) Nanowax - 94

4) Turtle Ultra - 92

Value for the money (excluding rebates)

1) Turtle Ultra

2) Reflections - 93

3) Nanowax - 91

4) NXT - 86

Preparation is only a wash, dry and Mothers pre-wax cleaner. I haven`t tried claybar or polish yet

Alex" [/B]