PDA

View Full Version : bonding question/ diff. brands

bigsled
03-16-2005, 12:28 PM
from what i`m gathering here, you can mix brands and not have a problem with bonding ? i have a black 01 GM , daily driver and was thinking for my first detail

1- # 80 ( # 83 if needed for swirls )

2 - upp, than #26

3- # 26 every month as needed

what do you people think ??? thank you .. todd

togwt
03-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Your process looks fine

1-Megs # 80 (Seed Glaze)

2-Megs # 83 (DACP)

3-These contain oils, which you may have to remove prior to 4* UUP.

4-4* UPP (synthetic polymer)

5-Megs #26 (Carnauba wax)

I do not use Megs products so Iâ€â„¢ll bow to other opinions on this

There is something called â€Ëœsynergistic compatibilityâ€â„¢ that states: that to obtain the best results stay within one company`s line of products throughout the entire process (i.e. paint cleaner, polish, wax or sealant).

The reason for this is that the chemists that develop these products make sure they are compatible throughout the entire process. Each step building upon the results achieved by the previous product and process, There is logic in this statement, but in practical terms Iâ€â„¢ve never experienced incompatibility between different mfg product as long as you stay within the general chemical guide lines for polymers etc.

Despite whatever a vendor tries to tell you that â€Ëœhisâ€â„¢ polymer sealant does their behavior (adherence, cross-linking, etc) is pretty much fixed. A polymer loses strength and durability if there are oils or water present before it has cross-linked etc, etc.

JonM