PDA

View Full Version : Best Car Wax???

druuu88
03-16-2005, 01:42 AM
I currently have been using Turtle Wax for my car. I heard this was good stuff....is it??? Are there any other waxes that would work better or last longer???? Thanks

Inzane
03-16-2005, 01:47 AM
OMG! :D That`s quite the classic Newbie post. (don`t worry, we`ve all been there).

Turtle Wax eh... Where to start... There`s a whole other world out there you have yet to explore. Fasten your seatbelt and hang on!!

Several classifications to narrow your choices a bit:

1) Over the Counter or specialty Boutique products?

2) Wax (natural based, Carnauba, etc.) or Sealant (Synthetic based, polymer, acrylic, ec.)?

3) One-step Cleaner Wax or dedicted Last Step Product?

The question is way too broad to give a simple answer to.

druuu88
03-16-2005, 01:50 AM
Yeah, i have just begun to take much better care of my car and have it look nice on the inside and out. I dont really know what any of those things are. What do you recommend i do as far as wax??? preferably over the counter would be better. Just something to protect the paint, and make it look shiny.

imported_dpeezy415
03-16-2005, 01:57 AM
You`ll be good to go with Meguiar`s or Mother`s over the counter.

Start here to learn how to REALLY care for your car...

Autopia Articles (http://autopia.org/kb/)

Thanks for posting and look forward to hearing from you in the future!!!

Scottwax
03-16-2005, 02:39 AM
I recommend you concentrate on learning how to clay and properly polish your car because that will have a much bigger impact than whatever wax you use.

RedondoV6
03-16-2005, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by dpeezy415

....Start here to learn how to REALLY care for your car...

Autopia Articles (http://autopia.org/kb/)

Originally posted by Scottwax

I recommend you concentrate on learning how to clay and properly polish your car because that will have a much bigger impact than whatever wax you use.

What they said X2!

If you really want the best shine on your car, check out the link from dpeezy and take Scott`s advice. Also check out good washing technique, so you do not cause swirls when you clean your car.

Good luck!