PDA

View Full Version : What is your go-to car wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TGates
03-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Regardless of whether a car has got a sealant or a carnauba on it? I usually try to match car wash with LSP. For instance, NXT wash with NXT wax, Zaino wash with Z2, Sonus wash with the twins, Pinnacle wash with Souveran, Gold Class or P21S wash with #16, et al. However, I just ordered some WG sealant and didn`t feel like ordering their car wash to go along with it, as I`m just going to try it out and see if I like the results.

I have Z7, 1Z Perls, NXT, Gold Class, Sonus, Pinnacle, QEW, and P21S. Which one would be good despite the LSP? Clearly the GC, Pinnacle, and P21S are geared more towards a carnauba`d finish, while the Z7 and Sonus are geared more towards a finish with a sealant. Does it really make that much difference? My favorite is probably the NXT wash.

MS22
03-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Seeing as you have alot of different washes you may be disappointed when I say that my favorite is Wolfgang Auto Bathe. I bought a gallon and only use it one my own car and newer vehicles. Others I tend to use alot are 4* CWC because of its price to performance ratio and Eimann Fabrik Power Wash for its cleaning ability.

You`ll be fine using any one of your washes, if you want to stick with the Z7 or Souns for sealants go for it. I like the finish Pinnacle leaves but it is pricey.

ZaneO
03-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Zaino Z7 and Meguiar`s NXT soaps.

SVR
03-16-2005, 05:20 AM
Four Star Ultimate auto shampoo for my own car, I have klasse and UPP on my paint

Others I have that I really like and have are

Eimann Fabrik power wash 1 gallon

Detailers Pride Auto wash 1 gallon

Magnum top gear super conc shampoo 5 litre

Have yet to try 1z, sonus or others

Pinnacle I really dislike. PH level too high and for it`s price, not worth getting.

togwt
03-16-2005, 07:07 AM
1.Menzerna Auto Shampoo*

2.Groitâ€â„¢s Car Wash

3.Zanio Z7 Show Car Wash

4.Iz Perls

5. Zymol Auto Bathe

*This is one of the most lubricated wash solutions Iâ€â„¢ve ever used (even more so than Groitâ€â„¢s) now if they would only package it in gallon sizes?

JonM

jasonmac
03-16-2005, 07:14 AM
I`m about halfway done with my Griot`s gallon, which I love. I`ll probably pick up some Zaino or Menzerna to try them out though.

stevet
03-16-2005, 08:00 AM
I really like Duragloss Car Wash, it`s my go to wash. Works well on carnuaba and sealants. Very slick and great lube.

jeff5614
03-16-2005, 08:14 AM
My go-to wash is NXT. I think it`s hard to beat for the price - slick, sheets like nobody`s business and and no spotting. If money isn`t an issue, then my pick is WG. I`ve tried a few other "boutique" brands and WG is great, IMO. It`s super slick, suds last and how can you beat that 70`s jovan musk scent, lol.

mgm2003
03-16-2005, 08:26 AM
1) Poorboys SS&S

2) Optimum Car Wash

3) Top of the Line Bubble Bath

imported_memnuts
03-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Zaino Z7 especially in the winter.

1Z Perls (directed concentration) with 1 capful of Z7 for lite cleaning during the spring and summer. Not strong enough for winter grime.

SK2003TypeS
03-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Regular:

Meg`s GC - My weekly wash during the good season. Great bang for the buck.

QEW - Nice to use when the car is a little beyond QD.

Occasional washes:

Z7 - when applying any Z.

Meg`s #00 - a nice gentle wash, very slippery

Scottwax
03-16-2005, 10:41 AM
QEW almost exclusively. Gold Class or NXT if I must do a conventional wash.

I got a pretty nice car wash soap from burlyq to try, great scent and very slippery!

imported_Blake
03-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Eagle One Wet.....Best over the counter wash although I haven`t tried NXT yet. NXT not available in Canada but may be on its way.

Pats300zx
03-16-2005, 10:42 AM
NXT car wash for me. For the price and how well it works it can`t be beat....:xyxthumbs

TGates
03-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

NXT car wash for me. For the price and how well it works it can`t be beat....:xyxthumbs

I tend to agree. It`s a pleasure to work with. Great suds, great cleaning power, sheets the water right off, high lubricity, and does a really good job of not leaving water spots. I like it a lot.