PDA

View Full Version : How does WG compare to Z2Pro?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TGates
03-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Im terms of its overall look. It seems to be geared more towards the darker colors than Z2Pro, but it also doesn`t seem to offer the same level of protection that the Z2 does. I am curious to try the product, but am afraid it would "mute" the metallic in my dark blue paint. Opinions?

Also, would it be something I could apply over an AIO`d surface with no other bonding agent necessary? In other words, is it more of a stand alone product than the Z2 is with its ZFX requirements? Thanks.

ZaneO
03-16-2005, 12:07 AM
The protection is not the same...Zaino lasts longer.

Appearance - IMO, Wolfgang has an oily appearance, somewhat similar to that of a carnauba, while Zaino has a clearer, brighter shine.

I have used AIO under both with no problems.

imported_Burlyq
03-16-2005, 01:21 AM
I can say that I had Wolfgang on my SUV and I got better protection than many other people, I was pleasantly suprised. After two coats, it was still beading after two months. Than I stripped it off to try the new Z2Pro. Everytime I look at my car I am amazed at the Pro. To me it looks much better than Wolfgang on dark colors. I like Wolfgang, and it is easier to use than Pro, and leaves a slicker surface intitially, but in looks I would take Z2Pro everyday, and I can see a difference. Pro is wet and deep IMO and is clear like Zaneo said. I have a dark blue car and I can say the Pro is a dark and light color sealant. I have been using several sealants throughout the years because every one of them had their strong points, but Z2Pro seamed to encorporate all the strong points and put them in one sealant. It`s good stuff, durabilty, tight beads, wet, deep, shiney, fairly easy to use, etc. I have also used AIO under both with no problems.

Mochamanz1
03-16-2005, 01:30 AM
WG seems to bring out the colors in medium to dark cars better than Z2Pro, but Z2Pro is more reflective and seems to have a clear appearance that WG does not..... They are apples and oranges, WG seems to mimic carnauba, while Z2Pro seems to be in its own category..... a candy coat effect ? Of course this is only MHO

Scottwax
03-16-2005, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by mochamanz

WG seems to bring out the colors in medium to dark cars better than Z2Pro, but Z2Pro is more reflective and seems to have a clear appearance that WG does not..... They are apples and oranges, WG seems to mimic carnauba, while Z2Pro seems to be in its own category..... a candy coat effect ? Of course this is only MHO

Agreed. Personally, I prefer the look of WG on dark colors but I could go either way on light colors and metallics. Z2 Pro will probably outlast WG though.

dogma
03-16-2005, 02:39 AM
WG ( or Blackfire same thing ) is ok , but IMO Z2 pro is in a class by itself for gloss , clarity and durability. Contrary to what others say IMO Z2 pro is awesome on black and dark colors, I love that fresh out of the show room look.

Scottwax
03-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by dogma

WG ( or Blackfire same thing ) is ok , but IMO Z2 pro is in a class by itself for gloss , clarity and durability. Contrary to what others say IMO Z2 pro is awesome on black and dark colors, I love that fresh out of the show room look.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don`t particularly like any sealant on black paint with the exception of sealants that have a carnauba look like WG and EX w/carnauba. I always end up going back to carnaubas on my own black car. You seem to infer something must be wrong with those who don`t see it your way.

You aren`t wrong to prefer the look of sealants like Z2 Pro on black but I am also not wrong to prefer carnaubas or carnauba looking sealants.

dogma
03-16-2005, 05:03 AM
As I stated I said IMO, You seem to infer that something must be wrong with those who prefer a sealant on dark colors. I agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We could go on all day!

We are both right for our particular taste. Also I didn`t even bring up carnuba. I don`t mind if someone doesn`t agree, I just like to express my opion. I have ton`s of carnuba ( collecting dust now).

tripper_11
03-16-2005, 10:07 AM
I can`t seem to draw any inference from dogma`s post that others who don`t agree with him must be wrong.

He seemed just expressing (using abb IMO) his own opinion.

And that`s also just my opinion, and no one is obliged to agree with me.

Cheers!

TGates
03-16-2005, 10:08 AM

As I stated I said IMO, You seem to infer that something must be wrong with those who prefer a sealant on dark colors. I agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We could go on all day!

We are both right for our particular taste. Also I didn`t even bring up carnuba. I don`t mind if someone doesn`t agree, I just like to express my opion. I have ton`s of carnuba ( collecting dust now).

The dust collection is exactly why I tend to stray away from carnauba. Different dust collection than you were referring to, I know, but I cannot handle the dust issue with Souveran. What good is that amazing look if it only lasts 5 minutes?

Scottwax
03-16-2005, 10:13 AM

Okay, it seemed to me you were saying those who don`t like Z2 Pro best on black are somehow wrong. Thank-you for clarifying it.

:wavey

imported_dpeezy415
03-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by BlackSunshine

The dust collection is exactly why I tend to stray away from carnauba. Different dust collection than you were referring to, I know, but I cannot handle the dust issue with Souveran. What good is that amazing look if it only lasts 5 minutes?

I agree. At the same time, I seem to have dusting issues with sealants too. Namely Klasse which I have on my car now and on the windows. I think it`s just the conditions here...

imported_memnuts
03-16-2005, 10:34 AM
If you want me to send you sample of WG PM me. Maybe we can work a trade. I have both the protectant and pre-cleaner. I am a Zaino user and from comparing the WG with Z2-PRO I perfer Z2-PRO for several reasons, appearance, especially at night, ease of usage, extreme "just waxed appearance" even when slightly dirty. I use Z2-PRO on both my white and black vehicles.

Both products are fine in appearance and it will depend on your personal desires for appearance strong points -more carnauba-like / WG or "fresh from the paint booth" / Z2-PRO.

There is no right or wrong answer. :cool:

TGates
03-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

If you want me to send you sample of WG PM me. Maybe we can work a trade. I have both the protectant and pre-cleaner. I am a Zaino user and from comparing the WG with Z2-PRO I perfer Z2-PRO for several reasons, appearance, especially at night, ease of usage, extreme "just waxed appearance" even when slightly dirty. I use Z2-PRO on both my white and black vehicles.

Both products are fine in appearance and it will depend on your personal desires for appearance strong points -more carnauba-like / WG or "fresh from the paint booth" / Z2-PRO.

There is no right of wrong answer. :cool:

I appreciate the offer, but I just put an order in for some WG. "Add to Cart" :sosad At least that way I will have both products and be able to see with my own eyes what the differences are. They both sound like great products.

imported_memnuts
03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
No problem. :xyxthumbs

Personal comparison is always the best especially when it comes to subtle differences in appearance.