PDA

View Full Version : "shadow effect" after removing emblems

druuu88
03-15-2005, 07:08 PM
i removed the emblems on my car, and got basically all the glue/adhesive off of the cars paint thanks to everyone here at autopia. The car is 8 years old, but still in excellent paint condition (waxed, shiny, etc). Where the emblems used to be there is a shadow that is still visible depending on the lighting outside. Any recomendations on how to get rid of this without taking to to have it professionaly repainted????? Any suggestions would help!

ZaneO
03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Your whole car could probably use a good paint polish. That should get rid of the outline and revive all of your paint.

01bluecls
03-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Well taking the car is 8 years old, Im guessing (blindly, since I dont have pics to see) that the paint that was around the emblems is just faded compared to the paint that was underneath the removed emblems. I mean the best bet is prolly an abrasive polish like Poorboys SSR2.5 with a PC may do it. If not, a rotary with a compound may even out the differences. Last resort to repaint, is to wetsand the are then polish out. Try the least aggressive first, then up the level a notch if one doesnt work.

imported_mirrorfinishman
03-15-2005, 08:16 PM
You may be better off just leaving it alone. Exposure to the UV rays of the sun will sometimes help to evaporate out any moisture that may have been trapped under the emblems. That condition may lessen as the area gets a chance to become exposed to sunlight.