PDA

View Full Version : Newb needs suggestions for a beginner combo

87SC
03-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Hi all,

My first post. I have lurked forever and learned a great deal.

I`m going to try my hand at detailing this "season" and I have a request for a combo. I`m going to be purchasing some products and need some help. I have tried to use the search function but can seem to narrow it enough.

I need a beginner combo that can be used in the sun, not overly aggressive(so maybe fillers?), easy to apply and remove, and can be used on many colors. Is this asking to much? :D Thanks!

RedondoV6
03-15-2005, 01:49 PM
87SC .. will you be applying by hand or PC? Also, what is the condition of your paint?

Without more information, I`ll suggest ColorX or NXT, as "hand friendly" products you can buy locally, but really would help to know, what you are detailing, the condition of the vehicles and any tools you have.

87SC
03-15-2005, 02:48 PM
I will be applying by PC. Condition vares, as I plan on doing some of my friends/co-workers vehicles. My paint condition is very good, IMHO.

What`s your opinion of applying NXT in the sun? I have NXT and love it, but I don`t have a garage. The sun factor is very important. Thanks!

MongooseGA
03-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Do you have any kind of E-Z Up shelter?

If not, then you`ll definitely want to look into Poor Boy`s products. EX-P, EX, Natty`s, etc... They`re made to be used in the sun, and might be just what you`re looking for.

Where are you locted?

87SC
03-15-2005, 02:58 PM
I live in MD. EZ Shelters are not an option as I live in a townhouse and parking is limited.

MongooseGA
03-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Where at in the Land of Mary? I have family in Baltimore, right next to some community college.

You`ll want to try out the Poor Boy`s products. I`ve never used them in direct sunlight (I have a garage and an E-Z Up in my possession) but I`ve only heard good things.

87SC
03-15-2005, 03:07 PM
That`s cool! Thanks for the help. I live north of D.C. in Germantown.

imported_CBX Carl
03-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 87SC

I live in MD. EZ Shelters are not an option as I live in a townhouse and parking is limited.

I have no options for shade as well so I detail in "found public " locations. Various mall parking lots have tons of shade and I have never had any problems.

The local park offers the best options for shade and privacy. I use a Converter to drive the PC for the DACP and SFP. The Klasse AIO+SG and the S100 are applied and removed by hand.

Paint:

Meguiars DACP

Meguiars SFP

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

S100

Vinyl and rubber:

303 Protectant

I have fed my Autopian Addiction here but I have found these products to be my favorites.

wannafbody
03-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Mothers PowerPolish

ColorX

Mothers Reflections

S100

all can be found local and will give:up results