PDA

View Full Version : ultimate protection sealant/wax -sand

randomman84
03-15-2005, 10:51 AM
I need to know what to use as far as the most protective lsp against sand. I am bringin the cam onto the beach for some pictures and want to know what to use to protect it the most from it. It doesnt have to be long lasting, just strong as hell.

here is what there is to choose from

Black Magic Wax

S100

NXT

Souveraun

AIO

Mothers Wax

I think thats all i have, ill have to look.

Please let me know what you think. I will wash the car really really well when i get off the beach and when i get back ill post the pics. They should be awesome!

Thanx

AlexRuiz
03-15-2005, 11:39 AM
If the mothers wax is the NATURAL formula, you can use AIO topped with the mothers. If the mothers wax is the ORIGINAL FORMULA (cleaner wax) it will remove the AIO.

togwt
03-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Collinite 845 Insulator Wax

Scottwax
03-15-2005, 01:04 PM
On that list? I`d go with AIO+NXT.

AlexRuiz
03-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax

I would go with the same, but I don`t think he has it...... that is why I proposed AIO + mothers.

RedondoV6
03-15-2005, 01:42 PM
From your list, another vote for AIO, followed by NXT or maybe even Black Magic Wax. (I haven`t used BM wax myself, but I believe it contains polymers for durability).

To be honest I doubt any LSP is really going to offer 100% protection against the abrasive nature of sand and the salt water mist you`ll find on most beaches. The best protection may be just to rinse/wash your car frequently, while you are there.

Maybe someone who lives on a beach can help?

TW85 HHI
03-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Nothing will offer much protection against the abrasive nature of sand. Just avoid getting much sand on your car and wash it off before it clings to the paint.

BTW, where are you able to drive on the beach without a 4wd?

randomman84
03-15-2005, 02:08 PM
daytona, has a few areas where you can take the car im not going far, just onto the sand a little for pictures. Thought it would look cool. If i decide i cant get out if i go in, i wont do it. I think ill be ok with fwd tho, as opposed to rwd. Ill play it by ear.

I also added pink wax to the mix does that change anyone`s opinion?

Setec Astronomy
03-15-2005, 03:21 PM
There`s no problem driving a regular car onto Daytona or New Smyrna.

blackntan
03-15-2005, 04:11 PM
I wouldn`t even worry about it. It`s sand.. sand > wax every time, no matter what wax you use..

Get the car out there, take some badass sunset pictures, get the car off the sand, then hose it down with a gentle flow of water before washing it...

randomman84
03-15-2005, 05:54 PM
o, i cant wait. im soo excited. Im gonna take sooo many pictures. i put aio,nxt on today so we will see whats gonna happen. Ill wash it as soon as we are off the beach. ill probably have to do another detail after i get back. o well, it will be worth it. any suggestions on shots?

togwt
03-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Quote: Maybe someone who lives on a beach can help? RedondoV6

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax â€â€œ (TOGWT, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida :cool: )

My thoughts were more in line with protection from the salt laden air than sand, as was suggested, when youâ€â„¢re ready to leave the beach gently rinse any sand from the vehicle and then dry it.

Lastly â€ËœHave funâ€â„¢;) (please donâ€â„¢t drive too fast (Iâ€â„¢m sure you wonâ€â„¢t) but as there was a case last year when two young girls were sunbathing and one of them was run over by a vehicle (she suffered serious head injuries)

Look forward to your â€Ëœbeach photosâ€â„¢

JonM

randomman84
03-15-2005, 10:29 PM
wow. i didnt know you could drive anywhere on the beach. ya i dont want to get a lot of crap in the engine so im not sure ill be driving on it persay. just lots and lots of photos! Cant wait to post em!