PDA

View Full Version : Where to find WW towels locally?

Bioman
03-15-2005, 03:42 AM
So I am here in SD and my car is getting pretty nasty. Dust everywhere, huge water spots all over the car and brake dust covering the entire wheels. To my dismay, I left all my cleaning products at my parents house in LA. I can`t wait another week to wash my car, so instead of going to the local car wash, I went to walmart to buy some temporary supplies...$38 dollars worth. I have quality WW towels at home, but I can`t find them anywhere around here locally. So, I went ahead and bought an absorber. I haven`t washed my car yet, but I don`t know if I want to use the absorber on my car and waste $8.47. I have searched and have come across many bad reviews of the absorber. So I ask you fellow autopians, where can I buy ww towels by tomorrow? Or should I go ahead and just use the absorber? I bought some microfiber cloths at walmart, thinking that I could just wipe up the residual water left over from the absorber, but as most of you know non-WW microfiber towels suck at drying a car. What should I do?

MorBid
03-15-2005, 06:36 AM
If you can`t find WW maybe a Chamois(real or artifical) will do ?

I have one (real) and used it before buying WW and it worked great plus you can buy them at any PepBoys/Auto Zone).

holland_patrick
03-15-2005, 08:38 AM
megs has WW at pep boys they seem pretty nice I`m going to pic one up..

imported_WCD
03-15-2005, 09:13 AM
If you go with a chamois, I recommend a synthetic over the real thing. Synthetics won`t mildew, but most important is that they are not as tough- I`ve heard that real leather chamois can pull wax off of paint. The synthetic ones I used to use, lasted years if kept in a ziplock bag. The won`t dry out, either.

Rob

stevet
03-15-2005, 09:41 AM
If you can`t get a Waffle Weave locally I would recommend the large Micro fiber drying towel at Walmart or Target. Although not as good as a Waffle Weave it`s much better than an Absorber or Chamois.

Okiewan
03-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Picked-up a WW at Autozone, works great.

imported_dpeezy415
03-15-2005, 10:09 AM
I got this towel at Kragen:

Viking MF Drying Towel (http://autopia.org/review/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=335)

I have waffle weaves and still use this bad boy. IMO, it dries BETTER than the 4* grey WWs when WET. But I usually use a leaf blower and WWs to blot dry so the Viking MF is used for quick detailing.

It is so big that when it gets dirty from the quick detail I can wipe down with another portion of the towel. Then use the plusher side to buff.

I bought this towel pre-Autopia days and I still use it on EVERY detail on my car. Plus you can buy it locally...

opass
03-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Or the traditional way, high quality 100% cotton bath towel from Bed And Bath Beyond. You can use it for yourself after getting home.

STBear
03-15-2005, 12:31 PM
I second the large blue MF at Target and Walmart. Used carefully by blotting they do a good job.

wannafbody
03-15-2005, 03:21 PM
they have 12x24 WW `s at Target in the household section-PepBoys has a larger Megs chammy style MF drying cloth