PDA

View Full Version : Does Zaino Z5 work well to hire swirl marks?

opass
03-14-2005, 11:57 PM
I need to order more z6 and z7 and wondering should try z5 or not. How long can z5 hide the swirl marks? Can it hold for 10 wash?

imported_Burlyq
03-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Anything Zaino really needs to be on a well polished surface. I use z5 for extra sunscreen and protection mainly. If you have a dark car it will add another good layer of protection for the summer, but on light colors I would stick with multiple coats of z2. You might want to wait a week or two, many people keep saying they are coming out with a new spray sealant, many say it`s supposed to be good.

opass
03-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Burlyq

You might want to wait a week or two, many people keep saying they are coming out with a new spray sealant, many say it`s supposed to be good.

New spray :bounce My supply should good for 1-2 months. Thanks for the head up.

RedondoV6
03-15-2005, 07:46 AM
What Burlyq said.. wait a couple of weeks and buy Z8 .. I`m hearing some very good things about it.

Also, *I* questions Z5`s swirl filling ability, it is one of the few disappointments in the otherwise excellent Zaino product range. It is a very good sealant, just not a good swirl filler IMHO. Some people have suggested that a Z5 Pro is also in the pipeline, I hope so!

les017
03-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I have found Z5 to make a difference, but NOT as a final step in your polishing routine. More so in terms of performing an in between polish after washing. I guess the best way to describe it would be that it seems like it will help hide VERY minor swirls in previous layers of Z.

But it could all be my imagination also

Jinba ittai
03-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Burlyq

You might want to wait a week or two, many people keep saying they are coming out with a new spray sealant, many say it`s supposed to be good.

:sosad Figures. Last month I just invested in two bottles of Z6..an still have half a bottle from last year.

I tend to use Z5 in between coats of Z2. Works well enough I suppose but Zaino recommends making Z2 your final coat.

wannafbody
03-24-2005, 10:28 PM
if you have fine swirls NXT booster should work over Zaino to fill them

Bioman
03-24-2005, 10:37 PM
What wannafbody said, NXT is much better at hiding swirls than Z5 is. Z5 is more for protection than removing swirls. Plain and simple, Z5 sucks for swirls.

Mochamanz1
03-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Nothing Z makes covers (hides) swirl marks. That being said I am anxiously awaiting the new Z8 Spray product !

ShinyBlack
03-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Z5 only works with the slightest of the slightest of swirls.

Its more of a sealant than anything else.

My take is to prep with another polish, and get the kind of results u want b4 using Z2 pro / z6 . These are more "optically correct "then the z5.

SK2003TypeS
03-25-2005, 11:58 AM
I`ve hidden very very slight lines with Z5. How long will it last ?...10 washes ?...I don`t know, never timed it. :nixweiss I`d think by that time they`d resurface. I aim to repair instead of disguise.

termigator
03-25-2005, 12:13 PM
In my experience with Z5 I would have to say NO. It does not hide swirls. Right now I have two bottles of Z5 & two bottles of Z2pro. I should have just gotten Z2pro. I believe it was about two dollars cheaper to boot.