PDA

View Full Version : LGCM or Rent Extractor at HD?

zippymbr
03-14-2005, 10:09 PM
I saw in the good buys section that the LGCM was on sale at Amazon.com for $59 bucks. So the question I have is should I buy this or just rent a extractor at Home Depot as needed? Would the Little Green replace a good rental extractor? Has anyone compard the two?

Neo62381
03-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I was just wandering the same thing the other day,...they have one of those rug doctors at the supermarket here, and I was thinking about renting it,...but if I`m better off buying the LGCM, I`d rather do that. Advice anyone?

zippymbr
03-14-2005, 11:14 PM
My thought is that after 2 rentals you have paid for the LGCM.

imported_Burlyq
03-14-2005, 11:58 PM
The difference is that in general the expensive machines pull liqued out better, but none of them pull all the liqued out, so why pay the money. I broke three extractors in one year and decided on using LGM`s. So far so good, no complaints except the rug needs a little more time to dry. Coscto you can get the heated version for almost the same price as the non heated elsewhere.

C. Charles Hahn
03-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Depends how bad of a job it is. If you`re starting with something particularly nasty, I`d grab a rug doctor to help you nurse it to health, and then buy a LGCM to keep for maintenance purposes and spot cleaning. I like my LGCM but I`ve had some jobs that even it couldn`t tackle.

MorBid
03-15-2005, 05:19 AM
I`ve used those rental`s from the supermarket/HD before and was underwhelmed (the extraction wasn`t all that great and they put down too much water for my liking).

I`ve never used a LGCM so can`t comment as to which cleans better but I do know Home Depot sells the same thing for $69.97 USD + tax (where applicable).

mtwedt
03-15-2005, 06:20 PM
I bought a remanufactured LGCM on EBay for 60.00 and that included the shipping. It works great, had a 90 day warranty and is the ProHeat model. Best deal I`ve found unless Amazon is selling the ProHeat model and shipping it for free.

zippymbr
03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by mtwedt

I bought a remanufactured LGCM on EBay for 60.00 and that included the shipping. It works great, had a 90 day warranty and is the ProHeat model. Best deal I`ve found unless Amazon is selling the ProHeat model and shipping it for free.

They are:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006F2JR/ref=ase_dealtime-dal/104-0309417-7263922?v=glance&s=kitchen

imported_The Uncle
03-18-2005, 07:27 PM
I went for the AMAZON deal myself. I`ve been using the LGCM for about a week. I don`t know how it will do on tough carpet stains, but I`ve been amazed at how great it is for cleaning sofas and such. My sofa has been violated in all sort of different ways by my cat. I could not get the damn thing clean, until I bought the LCGM.