PDA

View Full Version : Black Velvet

rkf76
03-14-2005, 09:07 PM
I attacked the swirls on my car this weekend with a CE rotary and Meguiars #2 Fine cut and it did a wonderful job. Only one problem, there are numerous nicks on my hood with the FC got stuck in and now I have white spots all over my hood, it`s horrid. Did I mention my car is black? I ran across Black Velvet while ordering my PC 7424 on Top of the Line`s website. Has anyone any experience with this? Will this fill in the tiny nicks on my hood? Or should I suck it up, bite the bullet, fill in the nicks w/touch up paint, sand em down, compound it, polish it and wax it? Any help, suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Black Velvet

http://store1.yimg.com/I/tolae_1831_10902993

94BlkStang
03-14-2005, 10:02 PM
No wax is going to fill in the chips. Your best bet is to touch them up.:)

rkf76
03-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 94BlkStang

No wax is going to fill in the chips. Your best bet is to touch them up.:) After thinking about it, no way in hell am I gonna touch up all those damn chips. I`d be better served by getting the hood repainted and texture it with a SOS pad to match the rest of the panels.

I think I`m gonna try Turtle Wax Color Magic to see how much, if at all, it helps. It looks like somebody sprinkled powered sugar all over my hood.