PDA

View Full Version : I think i`ve got it!!

Pages : [1] 2

lucky259
03-13-2005, 11:08 PM
After reading, getting confused, starting to understand, getting confused again then getting a headache after reading all the reviews, and threads I think I have my future detailing products down. Step 1 and 4 i`m still not sure on so opinions would be greatful. Here it is *details on vehicle after list*

1. SSR2 or IP *which one?*

2. AIO

3. P21s Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

4. Z2 Pro or Wolfgang or Blackfire *which one?*

5. P21s Carnuba

My vehicle is a BLACK 2003 Dodge Ram quad cab. The paint is in typical condition for an almost 2 year old vehicle (well one that isn`t owned by an autopian) a few swirls, and minor scratches.

Oh yea, by the way this site is just OUTSTANDING!!! This place is and endless source of knowledge!! Thanks in advance guys!! :xyxthumbs

White95Max
03-13-2005, 11:11 PM
IP = Menzerna Intensive Polish would go before SSR2. It is more aggressive, so naturally you would use that one first, and then clean up any leftover marring (if any) left by the IP.

#4. All of those are good products from what I hear. I have only tried the WG sealant out of those three, and I like it.

imported_fireberd350
03-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Personally, I`d go with:

Swirl removal: 3M PI III RC or #80 (depending on severity)

Polish: AIO

Sealant: UPP

No Wax

I`ve had the best results using those. If you`re set on the above I`d recommend the IP and wolfgang.

Good luck and get some pics up, I love dodge trucks!

sQuashed
03-14-2005, 12:35 AM
You dont need # 3 at all as long as you are doing # 2.. AIO does wonders for paint cleaning.

LarryM
03-14-2005, 12:56 AM
My proceedure for the summer is

Wash

Clay

SSR2.5

SSR1

AIO

Z2Pro

Z6

I was just jerking around today with my mom`s beat up explorer seeing what SSR2.5 with the PC and stock pad can do and I was friggin amazed, I beat the piss out of bad oxidation, a really bad scuff mark and so on....came out real good....i`ll do the truck in the next few weeks with the right products, I just wanted to mess around a little

lucky259
03-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by sQuashed

You dont need # 3 at all as long as you are doing # 2.. AIO does wonders for paint cleaning.

The P21s Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (step 3) came in a "kit" with the P21s Carnuba so I figured I would use it. Would I just be wasting my time using it?

wannafbody
03-14-2005, 09:23 AM
usning a paintwork cleanser after AIO will remove the AIO-AIO is a paint cleaner and acrylic wax in one

lucky259
03-14-2005, 10:38 AM
so if I use the paintowrk cleanser at all it should be before the AIO. Got it!!

Accumulator
03-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Lucky259- While I certainly understand wanting to use something you paid for, IMO the P21S GEPC would be pretty much a waste of time in this case. It sure won`t hurt anything so there`s no harm in experimenting with it, but IMO it won`t add much of anything that the AIO won`t undo/replace anyhow.

If you do use it, and it *does* add something, let us know. The GEPC *does* contain a very mild abrasive polish, I just think it`s *too* mild to make any difference here.

lucky259
03-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks for all the info guys!! I`m well on my way....I think LOL

White95Max
03-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah I wouldn`t bother with AIO and GEPC in the same process. One would cancel out the other, so there`s no real purpose in using both.

They both look nice, so just flip a coin and use one.

Scottwax
03-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Black paint? Whatever polishing steps you need then AIO + Wolfgang.

I`ve got a black Dodge Ram on my website with that exact combo. Looks very deep.

lucky259
03-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Scottwax, Ex or Wolfgang? You have recommended both of them but if you had to choose one which one would it be?

Scottwax
03-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by lucky259

Scottwax, Ex or Wolfgang? You have recommended both of them but if you had to choose one which one would it be?

EX is more durable and it is a bit deeper. WG is slicker and slightly more reflective.

Since depth means everything to me on black, I`d go with EX. On red and other colors, it is a toss-up.

lucky259
03-15-2005, 04:17 PM
got, it thanks!!