PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Restorer - anyone here using this yet?

Inzane
03-13-2005, 10:08 PM
I just acquired some recently, but haven`t used it yet. I was wondering how most people use this product.

Is it intended as a regular duty carpet CLEANER, or more as a spot-cleaner, or is it used as a carpet and/or seat fabric PROTECTANT similar to "Scotchguard"?

Any tips and observations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dcswd
03-14-2005, 12:45 PM
I recently tried it out and I liked it a lot. I sprayed it on half of a seat, let it sit for a second, agitated it, then wiped it all up with a large terry cloth. My seats werent really bad to start out, but this really freshened them up. Its left behind a scent for a while but its fading now. If you dont want a scent, I would suggest leaving a window open at night (if you can park in a garage). Well I found it to be nice. When you agitate it, the chemical flies all over and you should be careful to not breathe it. Thats its only problem, but its a common problem for this type of product anyways.

Hope this helps :D

mtodde
03-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the info...I`ve used it on my home carpet and my car mats and found that it works well on my cat`s hairballs & ground in dirt on the mats.

TW85 HHI
03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Inzane,

It is a cleaner with no protective properties that I know of. It can be used as a spot cleaner or you can mist an entire area. One word of warning and this is from experience: DO NOT use Wolfgang in conjunction with a carpet cleaning soap. I sprayed Wolfgang on all of my mats and then followed up with a machine cleaning using Hoover Deep Clean. The foaming/sudsing was unreal and it took me about an hour AFTER the mats were clean to remove enough of the foam to be able to dry the mats.

Inzane
03-14-2005, 05:22 PM
The reason I asked about whether it had protective properties is I thought I read somewhere, perhaps in Wolfgang`s own literature, that it somehow coats fibres with some kind of protection that helps keep dirt from settling in.

I could be mistaken. These are the kind of things I was curious about.

So regarding avoiding mixing with soaps, does that mean you would use this on your carpets INSTEAD of say a woolite/water mixture, as opposed to after it.

dcswd
03-14-2005, 08:43 PM
I would say that you would use this instead of the woolite/water mix. The only thing is that this stuff probably isnt as cost effective.

For my own car, I am currently using an Oxy mix with a wet/dry vac if the seats get really bad, and the wolfgang stuff and a towel for a quick clean up. Thats just my method at least.