PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Castrol Super Clean

dschribs
03-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Where are you guys finding Castrol Super Clean??

I thought Wal Mart was the place but I went to 3 over the weekend and could only find the Castrol Driveway/Garage floor cleaner. Is it still being made???

imported_Sullybob
03-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes it`s still being made. I have found it at Wal Mart in the automotive section. Somethimes Wal Mart is strange, check out the isles (sp?) before and after the auto parts and the automotive cleaning section. I was at my local Wal Mart looking for some products I couldn`t find them in the wax/polish/shampoo section, they were in with the floor mats :)

Lowes or Home Depot in the chemical/cleaner section.

Pats300zx
03-13-2005, 07:25 PM
I was just in Walmart today. They had it for like $6.00 ish for a gallon. Its great stuff. I have it mixed up into all kinds of different dilutions for things.

:xyxthumbs

a.k.a. Patrick
03-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Super Clean rocks!!!

Don
03-14-2005, 05:54 AM
It is good stuff, but VERY stong. My last car had (single stage) black mirror housings. I accidentally got some of the Castrol on them and they INSTANTLY turned flat black/gray where the Castrol had touched them. A quick polish & wax made everything OK again, but it scared the hell out of me at first.

dschribs
03-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Do you guys go with the dilution rates on the container or do you dilute it more than recommended because of the stregth of the product?? I am looking to use it strictly as a wipe on/wipe off product for cleaning inside the engine bay of my show car...

I`m thinking maybe like 10:1 or would that not have much cleaning power??

googledude
03-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Super clean is being discontinued, per my distributor. From what I hear it will only be available in 55 gallon drums once the current supply is gone. I guess it is to harsh on the enviroment and has to do with the new Cali. laws. As of now I have not heard of any replacement by them.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Hmm......I better stock up...........Figures something good come along, and leaves....

dschribs
03-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Guess that explains why I am having trouble finding it!!!

Can you guys offer suggestions for a replacement??? Not a real big fan of Simple Green (hate the smell)...

Bill D
03-14-2005, 09:33 AM
If you get Castrol SC in Wal-Mart I thought I saw a similar product made by Rubbermaid that is sold in its own section with the other Rubbermaid products

googledude
03-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Personally I say just pick a different degreaser from the same isle in wal-mart. There are alot of citruis based degreasers that don`t work that bad now. I like SC but there are plenty of alternatives that will get the job done just as well. For anyone with the capicity to store it or who uses it alot, like I said it will still be available commercially. But only in 55Gal drums. I`ve ordered it in 5Gal pails twice before but 55gals is a bit overkill for my operation. Time to find something else.

Don
03-15-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by dschribs

Guess that explains why I am having trouble finding it!!!

Can you guys offer suggestions for a replacement??? Not a real big fan of Simple Green (hate the smell)...

Try Greased Lightning...is it strong, All I can say is HOLY SH*********

Bill D
03-15-2005, 09:32 AM
I checked out a local Wal Mart and an Auto Zone: both have healthy supplies of CSG. Another, dangerously strong cleaner is Purple Power: use with extreme caution especially near paint!

bigltc
03-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Try your neighborhood hardware store. I got mine at OSH.