PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Remover vs. Polish

goceltics34
03-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I am learning lots everyday but have still have a few questions. I have done a couple of searches but really haven`t found a comparison between the two.

What is the difference between a swirl remover and a polish? Won`t a polish do the same thing as a swirl remover?

Will Klasse AIO remove swirls and scratches as good or not better than a product like Pinnacle Swirl Remover?

Are boths steps necessary?

On my car, there are very little scratches and even fewer swirls. Which type of product will be needed for my car?

Last questions... If I want to prep my car for a rewax (just waxed last week and am bored) what do I need to do to prep the car again. I already clayed car and polished. How do I strip the previous wax?

Thanks in advance for you responses!

Accumulator
03-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by goceltics34

What is the difference between a swirl remover and a polish? Won`t a polish do the same thing as a swirl remover?

Different companies use the word differently. Many of us would say that a SMR is just a very mild polish. Some SMRs contain a lot of fillers so they don`t "remove" as much as they "conceal"

Will Klasse AIO remove swirls and scratches as good or not better than a product like Pinnacle Swirl Remover?

I`ve never had AIO remove any marring (swirls *or* scratches). I find it so mild that I consider it basically nonabrasive. To remove marring you need abrasion.

Are boths steps necessary?

Yes, if you want to *remove* the marring.

On my car, there are very little scratches and even fewer swirls. Which type of product will be needed for my car?

I`d recommend 3M PI-III RC (05933) for the worst scratches and PI-III MG (05937) for the whole car (but there are countless choices that would work just as well). Then use the AIO.

goceltics34
03-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Thank you Accumulator.

I am going to rewax next weekend using AIO and topping with a few coats of UPP.

MongooseGA
03-13-2005, 07:21 PM
To rewax: if you`ve already clayed and polished, then I would just put down a coat of AIO and then your wax of choice.

If you have polished but haven`t since your last coat of wax, I would lay down a coat of AIO, then your wax of choice.

Accumulator
03-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by goceltics34

I am going to rewax next weekend using AIO and topping with a few coats of UPP.

That will look good and give you good protection. And you`ll love the slickness of the UPP. The AIO will remove any old wax that might still be on there and will clean the paint.

You can always polish out the marring later if it really bugs you. Good to get the AIO/UPP on there now.

goceltics34
03-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Funny about this detailing thing is that I get bored really easily after just having waxed my car last week. I want to keep trying many, many different products that I have heard great things from this website. Maybe I will find a perfect combination for my car before too long.

Accumulator, thanks for your help. This is a great website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Lou K
03-14-2005, 05:07 PM
I have had very good luck in using the Menzerna Intense polish and Final polish to get rid of swirls on my black cars. On the Lexus LS 430 it is very easy to use with a PC since the paint is reasonably soft. On the MBZ SL 55 it is much more time consuming because of the hard Ceramiclear paint but equally as effective.

Lou K :bow

goceltics34
03-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks Lou. Good to know.