PDA

View Full Version : Test my ability to find solutions to a variety of different paint defects!!

golfdude
03-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Reading this and other detailing sites day in and day out is good, but seeing actual paint problems and knowing what to do to fix them is what separates more knowledgable detailers from the rest. I was wandering if anyone would like to please post a picture (or many) of some common paint defects (ex: swirls, oxidation, scratches, etc...), and then I will respond to the picture by providing a detailed, step-by-step guideline to fix the problem (in simple terms, I want people to "test" me). Then, you can check my response to tell me if what I wrote was the correct way of fixing a problem. Some might tell me to just read other posts, but I do not want to do that because I want it to be as close as possible to real-world-situations, where a detailer will not have the luxury of asking other detailers for help on the fly, they must quickly find solutions to the problem, and then go by those solutions. I feel that this is the best way that I will learn. I also must say that it is too cold to go outside and actually practice, in a few weeks I will, though. Thanks alot for your help.

ZaneO
03-13-2005, 02:51 PM
YOU ARE MISSING THE BIG PICTURE...LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU!!!

You show us defects that YOU work on and correct and we`ll give constructive criticism based on that.

Detailing is an activity, not a reading exercise.

golfdude
03-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

YOU ARE MISSING THE BIG PICTURE...LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU!!!

You show us defects that YOU work on and correct and we`ll give constructive criticism based on that.

Detailing is an activity, not a reading exercise.

I guess then that you will be waiting a couple of weeks until I do this as the weather is a bit too cold to stay outside for a couple of hours.