PDA

View Full Version : Good detailing kits?

golfdude
03-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I would like a couple suggestions on what car care/detailing kits I should get. I am also looking for kits that offer a good range of polishes to remove scratches, oxidation, swirls, etc (PC pads would be great too)...

MongooseGA
03-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Look at Autogeek, Autopia Store, TOL, PakShak, Excel Detail, etc...

imported_dpeezy415
03-13-2005, 12:37 PM
All of those have kits.

If you already have a backing plate exceldetail has the cheapest pads at a good quality. Otherwise any kit incl. a BP will save you money.

If you`re looking for paint protection look for a kit with microfiber towels.

As far as polishes go, you`ll probably just need two MAYBE three. one medium abrasive (like 3M RC, Megs DACP or PB SSR2.5) and one light abrasive. If you run into some heavier stuff then you`ll need a heavy abrasive. Two will really start you off nice.

Each site will have a kit/products that will suit your needs quite nicely. It all DEPENDS on what you`re looking for.

How many cars? What condition of paint? Are you going for durability or looks? What`s your budget?

You`ll save money by addressing these questions and searching the forums.

MS22
03-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Check out the ones from Sonus, Pinnacle, 4*, Poorboys, or Adams. If they are not listed as "packages" on the site just call the customer service and they`ll help you out.

JeffM
03-13-2005, 02:48 PM
The best kit right now is Victoria Wax`s kit. Comes with a crap load of stuff for 99 bucks.

ZaneO
03-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Do some of your own research:

www.premiumautocare.com

www.properautocare.com

www.autogeek.net

www.topoftheline.com

www.detailersparadise.com

www.autopia-carcare.com

www.pakshak.com

www.exceldetail.com

www.zainostore.com