PDA

View Full Version : Using a claybar...

golfdude
03-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Are you supposed to "roll" the clay down the paint surface (as if you were trying to shape it), or do you just rub it on the surface?

holland_patrick
03-13-2005, 11:29 AM
You should read the guide/search

You glide the clay on a wet soapy surface or use the clay lube

togwt
03-13-2005, 11:35 AM
â€Â¢Since a clay bar is so effective at removing deposits it will also remove wax

â€Â¢Divide the Detailer`s Clay into equal pieces and knead into a ball to ensure pliability

â€Â¢Take one of the pieces and flatten it out into a circle.

â€Â¢Spray the paint surface with a lubricating 5:1 solution (WooliteTM or Dreftâ„¢ / distilled wate

â€Â¢Spray evenly onto a two square foot section with the lubrication solution, ensure that the surface being clayed is always wet

â€Â¢Glide the Clay across the area in a front to back in a straight-line aquaplaning type motion

â€Â¢Use an imaginary two-foot by two-foot square area to work on.

â€Â¢Use a light to medium even pressure until the surface becomes smooth and silent.

â€Â¢If the Clay is streaking on the paint, you need more to apply more lubricating solution, it is better to over lubricate the paint film surface than let it dry-out

JonM

MongooseGA
03-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Please, please do a search and read the E-Book. They`re both free.

ZaneO
03-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Using very light pressure and lots of lubrication, you rub a flat "waffer" of clay across the surface. Check your progress often and fold and kneed the clay as necessary.

Accumulator
03-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

â€Â¢Since a clay bar is so effective at removing deposits it will also remove wax ..

Unless you clay as gently as I do ;)

On every other point you`re absolutely right (though I work much smaller areas), and FWIW I somehow doubt that most people clay as gently as I do.