PDA

View Full Version : wheel well dressings?

Pages : [1] 2

Dtail
03-12-2005, 06:34 PM
I was using armor all tire dressing on my wheel wells before but find it to attract too much dust. I just tried megs #40 and i really like the look but it`s kind of pricey to use for the wheel wells. What would you guys suggest for a good alternative to use on my wheel wells? what do you guys use?

wannafbody
03-12-2005, 06:41 PM
BlackMagic silicone dressing from walmart-cheap and looks good

Steve530
03-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Hey, that`s a good use for the almost full bottle of BlackMagic dressing I have in the garage. I used it on the tires and really disliked it. But the fender liners, yes.

Spilchy
03-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Most anything for tires at Pep Boys, KMart, WalMart, etc... that have the clear liquid like the Black Magic, Armor All, Turtle Wax, and Eagle One

dcswd
03-12-2005, 07:38 PM
I sprayed the inside of my wheel wells with a black ruberized under coating (they were mostly just metal and flat / messed up paint before.

Then I just spray hyper dressing on them (about 2:1) and it works out really well. I calculated it a long time ago, but HD is probably one of the cheaper alternatives too.

94BlkStang
03-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by SLiM003

I was using armor all tire dressing on my wheel wells before but find it to attract too much dust. I just tried megs #40 and i really like the look but it`s kind of pricey to use for the wheel wells. What would you guys suggest for a good alternative to use on my wheel wells? what do you guys use?

I use to sell for a chemical distributor and one of my accounts was a Car Brite Distributor. We made a cheap silicone based tire dressing for him and I asked a couple of our suppliers for samples of DMF 350 and DMF 1000 so I could make my own tire dressing. I use it for my wheel wells and the cost is great. I have enough to last a life time.:D

BigAl3
03-12-2005, 09:56 PM
for the wheel wells, i use the nxt tech protectant (not a big fan), and only because i don`t want to throw it away/waste it.

CarsFreak
03-12-2005, 10:17 PM
I`m using a bottle of Armor All Original protectant and I don`t want to waste it so I find it`s good for using it for the wheel walls.

05Sleeper
03-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I am using an old can of tire foam :D wouldn`t use it on anything else...

imported_Sullybob
03-12-2005, 11:20 PM
I picked up a couple of cans of tire foam at Costco and use them for the wheel wells and the engine compartment. It takes me seconds to do the WW`s this way.

Jesstzn
03-13-2005, 01:39 AM
I use the tire foam too .. with the drop I have I can hardly get anything in there to dress the ww so I just spray it ..

thinksnow
03-13-2005, 01:47 AM
No Touch tire foam from Costco--three cans for very little money. The stuff actually lasts through rainstorms, surprisingly.

SVR
03-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Omikron RD Black I brush on once and following that, each time I detail my car, Wolfgang black diamond tire gel goes on top

RD Black is crap on tires but awesome on metals

Nothing but BD tire gel on my tires now

zippymbr
03-13-2005, 08:11 AM
I tried NXT protectant since I did not like its look on anything I tried it on. Seems to last for weeks even in the rain. It has rained twice since I applied it and my wells still look great! If a cheap tire foam will do that then that is what I will start using.

beastie
03-13-2005, 08:18 AM
I use NXT Protectant too in the wheel wells ( I like it on tires too).