PDA

View Full Version : Can car covers create marring?

Mike075
03-12-2005, 05:02 PM
I`m thinking of getting a car cover from Costco - Series 500 - it has 4 layers and is manufactured by a company called ASMMX.

Assuming that I dust the car everytime before putting it on, can the cover cause any marring to the paint, especially during the process of putting it on/taking it off?The inner part of the cover looks quite smooth...

Mike

imported_jgv
03-12-2005, 05:10 PM
If your paint is flawless I`m sure it will marr........Use a Cocoun instead ;)

Bill D
03-12-2005, 05:11 PM
If the car isn`t literally completely immaculate, sure, friction between the cover and finish can produce marring. Never ever rush putting the cover on and taking it off. Also, be sure to keep the cover as clean as possible inside and out.

togwt
03-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Using BilDâ€â„¢s advice on covers and using a two-cover system will avoid surface marring (from a car cover)

1. Dustop TM - 4 layer cover with maximum dust protection and its soft inner layer protects paint. Light and easy to handle, prevents dings, for inside protection from dust and dirt, ideal for indoor vehicle storage or as the primary cover of a two-cover system (see Strong Winds or Desert Dust Storms)

2. WeathersheildTM - single layer construction, maximum weatherproof, superior dry time, breathable, scratch-less, durable, easy care, and packs small and light made from a durable breathable polymer fabric, provides protection from UVR, acid rain, dust, dirt, intense sunlight and wind/storm proof up to force 8 hurricanes.

JonM

NPG
03-12-2005, 10:36 PM
I have a Series 300 from Costco. I have`nt seen marring on my car. Be sure the cover and the car surface are clean (no dust) before putting it on :xyxthumbs

lbls1
03-12-2005, 10:44 PM
A quality cover with the Evolution layered system, as can be purchased from California Car Cover inc., will not mar or scratch, and their highest quality covers will guarantee it.

I have been using their Noah cover for three years, and not once has it ever marred or scratched. I highly recommend a good cover from CalCarCover.com.

Bill D
03-12-2005, 10:58 PM
CalCoverCo.com is a little on the expensive side for me. Recently, it was concurred webcovers.com seems to have the best prices.