PDA

View Full Version : Differences in Prepping my finish...

05Sleeper
03-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok. Well, I have been very critical of my paint lately(since I joined Autopia) and I have noticed some swirls and scratches... So before I use my AIO and UPP, I am going to need a good prep.

Ok, on to my question: What would the difference in prep be between the SSR 2.5, SSR 1 and the Menzerna IP, FP be?

Is one better than the other?

Thanks!

JeffM
03-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Not really.

I think the PB`s line is alittle bit easier with the pc to work with, but i dont have the IP or FP.

imported_jgv
03-12-2005, 05:20 PM
You`ll get great finishes with either of those. The SSR`s are easier to work......

05Sleeper
03-12-2005, 10:54 PM
dI am just trying to get the best possible prep I can. I have heard that niether one of these have fillers in them, so I "should " be able to add anything I want ofter that, right?

I plan on using AIO and UPP first, and I have some VM on order. I also want to try Blackfire and Zaino. Does anyone know if where I can getsamples of these things???

audipower
03-13-2005, 03:48 AM
PB`s are easier to work with. Always use less abrasive first. SSR 1.0 usely works for light scratches, but if not go to 2.5 then back down to 1.0 to smoth out. just like sanding wood. add some SG for the best protection and helps prevent those swirls (with corrective washing) Sonus is my favorite polish, especially with the PC.

05Sleeper
03-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Where can I get that?