PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish

Ron Harris
03-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Has any one tried the new Optimum polish?

I have been using 3M for years because I could not find a better all around product. This new Optimum can replace most products out there.

It has a long working time. Will not load up or gum up your pad.

You don`t need a chisel to remove it.

Example. I have a customer with a black Mustang. He got it from a used car dealer with 8000 miles. It had a lot of swirling from some there detailer. I used an orange LC pad in areas to remove heavy scratches. Then came back and polished the entire car with a black LC pad and did a final polish with a Cyclo polisher and white pads. This was all done with the Optimum. My final wipe down to remove any polishing residue was done with Optimum spray wax. That is it.

The price is right at around $15.00 it is a great buy.

Don`t know how it will work with a PC.

This product is the most exciting thing for me since Microfiber.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumpolish.html

imported_Bence
03-12-2005, 01:12 PM
I am really curious about this product. How much bite has it? I am a PCist (word? :D), so not sure what to expect.

Does anyone know when the Optimum Compound will come out?

Clean Dean
03-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Definitely interested. Cannot wait to try this stuff out.

travisdecpn
03-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Sounds very promising, I may have to give it a try.

WAX2MUCH
03-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I just tried OCP this Saturday on a red C5. I used a PC and it did a very good job, but nothing jaw dropping. It removed light swirls, but not the medium ones, even with a yellow cutting pad,but again I was only using a PC. I finished up with a white LC polishing pad and the car had a nice gloss to it. It applies and removes easily and is economical.

I finished it off with a 50:50 iso wipe, Z6 wipe and a coat of Z2 Pro.

The OCP cleanup is alittle difficult because the polish is kind of gummy in the pad. I used Simple Green and then soaked the pads in Snappy powder solution.

I am not a professional detailer, but thought I`d give an opinion for the enthusiasts out there. I have used the Menzerna, Meguiar and PB lines...all are very good IMHO.

wannafbody
03-12-2005, 06:52 PM
the polish isn`t expensive but using the Spray Wax to remove a polish isn`t exacly cheap-i wonder how other less expensive spray waxes would work for removing polishes?

Scott P
03-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I just got my bottles of Optimum Polish and wax this week. I wshed both our cars in 37 degree temps today so I can give them a try tomorrow.

From what I`ve learned from David at Optimum, the polish doesn`t really dry to a haze. The residue remaining comes off with a quick spritz of the wax and a wipe of an MF towel.

By the way, there are quite a few threads about Optimum stuff around. A simple search will turn them up.

Scottwax
03-13-2005, 12:11 AM
I`ve used Optimum Polish with a PC and with a burgandy cutting pad, it did a real good job on moderate spider swirls on rock hard Audi paint. I didn`t get any hazing either...but like I said, "rock hard Audi paint". I followed up with Optimum and a polishing pad and it finishes down as nicely as #80...maybe a touch more reflective and a touch less deep.

I had no problems removing the excess with a microfiber towel.

OP is a product I want to play around with a bit more, it may allow me to cut down on products I need since I can change its aggressiveness with a pad change.

Ron Harris
03-13-2005, 08:08 AM
The guy I rent my shop from has a small car lot. When he gets new cars in I do a quick wholesale detail on them.

The Optimum saves me time on these and gives me better results.

All I do is polish with a white or black LC pad. Then using the OCW to wipe off the residue. Doing this cleans the paint up and waxes it at the same time. Itâ€â„¢s a wholesale job so Iâ€â„¢m not going for perfection when polishing.

This product is very forgiving and workable. It can make a novice person feel very comfortable polishing soft or dark finishes.

I do pdr work for a couple of body shops and they want me to order them some next time I place an order. They really like its final polishing abilities and the ease of clean up