PDA

View Full Version : Tried Hi-Temp First Time

Pages : [1] 2

sgo
03-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Today was time for the spring shine & polish. I was interested in trying Hi-Temp products because the prices are so good.

I used IP with white pad and followed with HTLC on a white pad.

Then I applied some HT Paint Sealant by hand with the new red/white foam pad red side. I am impressed with this as well. The results can be seen here. (http://www.sosterday.com/hd_IMG_2310.JPG) They say to allow the paint sealant to cure for 36 hours before waxing. I`m planning on trying out some Trade Secret on it come Sunday.

I used the LC on the headlight and tailight covers and windows too.

SpoiledMan
03-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Wow! Steve that looks nice!

CRXSi90
03-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Yep, I like the stuff, it is slicker than anything I have and lasts great too. It beads water nicely, and I like using it on glass too. Its an inexpensive, but good product, I think better than almost anything that can be bought in stores. I like it better than S100. I know they are completely different, but S100`s only advantage is that it doesn`t stain trim.

imported_imolamystique
03-12-2005, 07:36 AM
HT products are a great value and provide good results. Post pics after you try the TS. Your Monte Carlo looks good now. :xyxthumbs

kartoon
03-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by CRXSi90

... I like it better than S100. I know they are completely different, but S100`s only advantage is that it doesn`t stain trim.

Are you referring to HT-62 (Terminator Paint Sealant) ?

Does this mean that it stains the trim ?

CRXSi90
03-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by kartoon

Are you referring to HT-62 (Terminator Paint Sealant) ?

Yes, at least I am.

Originally posted by kartoon

Does this mean that it stains the trim ?

I guess. I apply liquid waxes with the PC and it is less precise than by hand, so sometimes a little gets on an area that I didn`t intend. Most of the trim on my car I can apply the wax to without staining, but it is the textured plastic which causes problems...and it probably wouldn`t be great to fill the grooves with carnauba either. Despite the disadvantage, it is still my favourite wax!

JeffM
03-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Try some PB trim restore. Makes short work of stuff on textured trim....

sgo
03-13-2005, 02:50 PM
OK, went out this morning and cleaned the pollen of with PB S&W and put on a coat of Trade Secret. Here`s (http://www.sosterday.com/hd_IMG_2319.JPG) what it looks like today.

I`m not sure I can tell any difference. It went on and wiped off as easy as you could ask for. It feels really slick.

I ended up with some white residue in cracks and crevices, but I`m not sure if it`s from the IP or one of the two HT products I used. It wasn`t from TS.

I still have some very miner swirls. I guess I should try the cutting pad with IP. After a sedentary winter I too pooped to spend any more time on it right now.:)

SilverLexus
03-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Seems to look a bit wetter with the Trade Secret...maybe its just the photos.

hirosh
03-14-2005, 04:09 PM
nice looking monte. are you going to put another coat of Trade Secret on?

sgo
03-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by hirosh

nice looking monte. are you going to put another coat of Trade Secret on?

I probably will after next wash. TS in over a coat of HT Terminator Sealant so I`m thinking it`s pretty much done for the summer. Right now the pollen is so heavy the car looks like crap in about an hour. Although I will say it doesn`t seem so attracted to TS. TS resulted in a much slicker surface than I expected for a carnauba.

Cvisinho
03-14-2005, 04:47 PM
That looks good:up i have a bunch of Hi-temp product that i havent even touched yet. the one im most curious about is the Midnight express polish for black cars and the Black Velvet paste wax also. I have there AIO and light and medium cut swirl removers and the paint perfection cleaner/polish plus a gallon of carnauba. The prices are awesome though.

CRXSi90
03-15-2005, 09:14 PM
I like Hi-Temp products...it might even be the low-hype factor that I adore. I`ve used both light-cut and terminator sealant and have been extremely pleased thus far. I used Terminator again last night, and I still love it. I applied it via PC and polishing pad to single stage red paint which is 19 years old. It once again made the paint look great, deep, and red. The paint probably needs to be polished, but the sealant improved the appearance none the less. The temperature was even below freezing and the product worked magnificantly. now that I think about it, though, maybe I`m creating hype.

cvisinho, let us know how you like the other hi-temp products!

sgo
03-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I`d be particularly interested in all comments from Hi-Temp users and on their various products.

My favorite is the Menzerna twins, but the IP left me with white stuff that I have yet to clean up. I was thinking about trying the HT Medium-Cut as an alternative to IP.

JeffM
03-15-2005, 09:44 PM
I like their light cut. It is kinda think, but it can be worked along time, doesnt dust, wipes off easy.